• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2020

George BM

I mean, a ton of safespacers here to be fair. I feel like my presence here is actually limited and non intrusive. More this year since I stayed out of the model thread. This is like a 2 out of 10 on how nuts I can get. So I am surprised it bothers people so much that they put me on ignore. LOL

In fact, its others that like to argue for the sake of it I feel. Semantics with record breaking as record breaking doesn't have to break the top record to be record breaking. So we can change it to "historical" to suit things better.

But i'll stop with my disruptive and intrusive behavior!!!

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:33 PM, cbmclean said:

Its more east-central.  My climatology is nowhere near you guys.  I hang out here because the posters are the most knowledgeable and the large scale pattern drivers are mostly the same for me as for you. 

NC is fairly diverse for climate at its latitude.  The SE quadrant (Wilmington and environs) is darn near tropical.  The NW piedmont is much more continental (relatively speaking of course) and the high mountains actually get a good bit of snow.   

I honestly thought you were farther south because I thought I recalled you mentioning you were near Fayetteville. Either way, you’re on the money about your climo compared to here, and I have mad respect for you sticking around here to possibly live vicariously through us!

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I honestly thought you were farther south because I thought I recalled you mentioning you were near Fayetteville. Either way, you’re on the money about your climo compared to here, and I have mad respect for you sticking around here to possibly live vicariously through us!

Well, I am from Hope Mills, NC, which is just south of Fayetteville.  I probably mentioned that sometime. 

I am rooting for some sort of fluke to sneak in and give at least some of you guys some love.  For here, I'll be satisfied if I can just get some seasonable weather to fend of the bugs for a while.  I'll be dreaming of next year.

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@Mrs.J posted a picture of outrageously good food and we’re wasting posts arguing over arguing rather than asking questions like WHAT was your recipe, what alcohol pairs best with such delicious food, and how can I get some leftovers sent to my house? 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a3172fec9e31d6f6617

Come on people. Eye on the ball here. 

I am willing to share anytime. This recipe was super easy! As for alcohol pairing my husbands kick ass from scratch margaritas fit the bill nicely for this recipe. :drunk:

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58254/best-pulled-pork-recipe/ I do not add the sauce to all the pulled pork. Allowing me to use in other recipes. For tacos serve on Fajita size tortillas. Makes it more traditional. Learned that from the Taco Chronicles on Netflix. And I have to add that the lager I used in this past recipe was good old PBR. Hubby picked me up one bottle for the recipe and was cheep about it, but it tasted very good. So do not need to cook with a good bottle of lager for this. 

https://carlsbadcravings.com/corn-salsa/ In the winter I just use corn from the summer that I cut off the cob but any frozen corn thawed will work just roast it in a skillet. 

As for the margaritas my husbands recipe is very simple will have to ask him when he gets home, but it knocks you on your ass after just one. Well at least me it does. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This feels like the longest winter non winter ever. Not because it feels like April weather today but because it's only February 13th...some people still have Christmas lights up it's still so early. I guess one way to stop the world from spinning so fast is a shittty winter.

Received three texts from friends/family and four office co-worker inquiries asking me where the snow is over the past week. I always forget as the resident weather nerd that I am responsible for making it weather. The last one pretended to listen while I described the lack of blocking and why the moisture can't successfully attack the few cold air shots we have received...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Received three texts from friends/family and four office co-worker inquiries asking me where the snow is over the past week. I always forget as the resident weather nerd that I am responsible for making it weather. The last one pretended to listen while I described the lack of blocking and why the moisture can't successfully attack the few cold air shots we have received...

Describes my wife down to a tee.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Why did NWS set the default radar view when you click the radar on the website to be composite? It's misleading IMO. It used to default to base reflectivity. 

There was a secret meeting in the bunker under the Jefferson Memorial last week between NWS and FEMA where it was decided to make the change.  They would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for the meddlin' weather weenies. /s

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

no lie, she gave me a hard time for buying her new snow pants, that i jinxed it. 

she's 7 and already dragging my ass through the mud over there not being any snow

:lol:  My 8-year old was on the verge of tears this morning when he was complaining about the lack of snow, and I told him there was no sign of snow in sight...

I may have to resort to taking him out behind the ice skating rink, so we can make some snowballs from the zamboni piles.  :mapsnow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

:lol:  My 8-year old was on the verge of tears this morning when he was complaining about the lack of snow, and I told him there was no sign of snow in sight...

I may have to resort to taking him out behind the ice skating rink, so we can make some snowballs from the zamboni piles.  :mapsnow:

Zamboni piles! Remember the old cabin john skating rink? I used to play peewee hockey and if my mom was late picking me up I'd start working on a snow cave. Lol. Made some big ones too. Which is dangerous AF if the pile collapses. You'd prob make it for 30 mins before lights out. 

51 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Huuuuuuge win tonight by the Caps! Holtby came back well after our defense looked like crap in the 1st. Our best played 2nd and 3rd periods in awhile. 

Much need win.  Good to see. Really need to get back to sound defense. 

Way to many odd man break aways the last few weeks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Question: If you could have 6 of every 7 days sunny, and a temperature of exactly 65/45 every day from now until May 1st, would you trade the rest of this winter for it? 

I would in a heartbeat. Who’s with me? LOL 

Blasphemy! Heretic! Off with his head!

eta: so I guess mine would be a NO vote. :D

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic