Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

So my hypothetical question is: will you guys accept the trade-off.  Would 20 years of this kind of fail be worth it to get back to the halcyon days of yore with a cool base state?

Wait.. so we're not all going to die in 10 yrs from cow emissions?? Count me in

• Like 1

Good morning folks. Took the oldest daughter to school at the crack of dawn and noticed in the dim light that my Daffodils have peaked out of their slumber. And tonight is a Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry night. I would invite guests over but the girls are voracious Shrimp eaters. And with the hubby going to a book launch tonight in DC, not his book, it will be a free for all with the shrimp. :D

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Good morning folks. Took the oldest daughter to school at the crack of dawn and noticed in the dim light that my Daffodils have peaked out of their slumber. And tonight is a Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry night. I would invite guests over but the girls are voracious Shrimp eaters. And with the hubby going to a book launch tonight in DC, not his book, it will be a free for all with the shrimp. :D

see you at 6? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You're just jealous that he is another weenie soul you will never get your hands on. :)

Why aren't you in the other thread breaking down the pattern and giving the weenie's hope for a random chance at frozen? Oh, that's right, you are working for him.

Well I need pay increase then- look at all the good work I have done in there over the last 24 hours!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Why aren't you in the other thread breaking down the pattern and giving the weenie's hope for a random chance at frozen? Oh, that's right, you are working for him.

Well I need pay increase then- look at all the good work I have done in there over the last 24 hours!

If you can make lemonade out of the lemons the models are throwing at us you're a better man then me. :)

of course there was a moment while looking in the long range where I did go hmmmmmm but then I realized it was only gas.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Who says it's a shutout pattern.  Dr No says yes tomorrow evening for all of northern Md :sled:

ecmwf-deterministic-md-instant_ptype-1552000.png

ecmwf-deterministic-md-instant_ptype-1562800.png

I am super excited. I could see that trending south so we could see a couple flakes mixed in with the rain at 2am in the morning. What a time to be alive in a year where we are getting average to above average snowfall. So blessed.

18 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What?!?! That’s it. I’m digging you up, packing your bones, and shipping you back to Philly where you belong.

skeleton-suitcase-2-human-bones-600w-224

Well 007 you’ve finally done. I’m heading to church ( I hope it’s foundations are solid ) and lighting a candle with a brief prayer to Saint Dimitar. As always. ......

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Gents, if you’re gonna be on my payroll you need to get your shifts right. 

Showme is 4am-8am daily.

C.A.P.E. you’re the 18z block from 3pm-7pm daily. 

PSU is on call 24/7

These are trying times, we need to work as a unit here. 

I freelance. You never know when i will come along and help point people in the direction of the land of eternal bliss.  No, i'm not referring to Dairy Queen.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Gents, if you’re gonna be on my payroll you need to get your shifts right. 

Showme is 4am-8am daily.

C.A.P.E. you’re the 18z block from 3pm-7pm daily. 

PSU is on call 24/7

These are trying times, we need to work as a unit here. 

Perfect. I do my best work during happy hour. My devious creativity spikes during that period for some reason.

this weather is definitely bringing out the flies, at least where i live.  just had to spray down the window seals.  mosquitoes were in beast mode 2 summers ago.  not as bad last year, but still legit.  hopefully that's not going to be the case this year.  i also feel like my allergies are kicking up today lol.

the argument could be made that we haven't had a winter this year...just a prolonged, late Fall.

I am not sure why people are complaining in the long range thread. I ran some math calculations, very scientific in fact, and the median DC temp in Jan and Feb is actually 50. Normal snowfall is around half a inch for both months combined. So we are actually above average snowfall this year and pretty cold. You guys are spoiled and need to learn our climo.

I think things look pretty decent. Maybe a couple sleet pellets in the next week or two mixed in with the rain. Huge  win in my book. I mean, you do know how rare that is here right?

• Confused 1

@Bob Chill

JH was amazing.  It dumped snow all day Sat and tapered off right as lifts closed. They ended up with about 45” on the week.  Saturday was crowded for the powder day. Didn’t bother with the tram until the end of the day when the line got under an hour. But the new Teton lift barely had a line and there is some epic terrain there. Stuff that used to be hike too.  It was snowing too hard to get any good pictures or videos. 

Sunday the crowds were gone and it was sunny. Beautiful day.

D43A19FC-B83C-4427-AFB2-490BCD9E00DB.thumb.jpeg.5fdaeac70d1ce56fd34e26aef9bbf885.jpeg

Cold enough the snow stayed soft. It was tracked out but perfect soft bumps all over the natural terrain. Groomers were perfect to bomb down. 

This is some of the new terrain off Teton 

4F423972-4C53-47A5-83ED-029F184FF7D0.thumb.jpeg.8e935e80a8e46754e6365ce0ca0c80cf.jpeg

North Hoback had perfect soft bumps the whole way down 

52929950-5228-4805-8522-7F5680139462.thumb.jpeg.28ed4945e784ca8097c94700b585c662.jpeg

FEBFF881-7ACA-40CF-B174-AABA858CAA6E.thumb.jpeg.ad1aa3d82a809ba717c6b3ab6c9672f2.jpeg

At the end of the day I drove up into Teton NP to get some shots at sunset. 

CB661BFA-D85B-43A4-9101-6FCA892664D4.thumb.jpeg.cd4a41aeb65717ed2c8967a8009595bb.jpeg

A surprise 7” of snow fell Sunday night through Monday. Since it wasn’t expected the mountain was empty and it was one of my best days ever. I found some powder stashed in the woods under Sublette chair. I have some good video from Monday on my GoPro. I’ll link it once I get it edited. 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I am not sure why people are complaining in the long range thread. I ran some math calculations, very scientific in fact, and the median DC temp in Jan and Feb is actually 50. Normal snowfall is around half a inch for both months combined. So we are actually above average snowfall this year and pretty cold. You guys are spoiled and need to learn our climo.

I think things look pretty decent. Maybe a couple sleet pellets in the next week or two mixed in with the rain. Huge  win in my book. I mean, you do know how rare that is here right?

Your problem is you complain EVERY year so when we actually get a truly awful horrible year like this one, no one wants to hear it because you acted like every year was this bad. 

• Thanks 1

@psuhoffman the abrupt vertical rise of JH is one of a kind. The Wasatch is similar but not the same because the resorts are up in the canyons. JH is a straight wall of vertical off the valley floor. The views from the top and bottom are ridiculous. Glad you got some bluebird conditions. Nicely done. Now get home safely and get back to suffering

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic