Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, RevWarReenactor said:

The only thing coming here, is spring.

Snow controls my mood. Lack of snow seriously depresses me. It is what it is. Not like I don't have more important things to worry about either. Snow makes it all better. Zero snow for the entire year is tough.

Why don't you take a break?  Everyone thinks you're an absolute drag and suck ass.   Come back when it's going to snow and stop shitting up threads with your incessant complaining and whining.  You've always been a shit poster, but you have been especially tedious the last few weeks.    

We all like snow and aren't happy when it doesn't snow, but to get depressed about something you can't control while you are breathing and in relatively good health is something that's not normal.  Get a grip or we'll do it for you.  For your own good.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Here is the thing. I just finished a 6 mo span of therapy, and not because of the lack of snow. I have anxiety, severe at sometimes it triggers panic attacks. What I learned in therapy is that I do not have control over certain things. And I should not hang my day to day life on thinking I do. I have learned that I am a lot better at re-directing and solving issues in my life than I had thought. @H2O is correct in maybe seeing someone. Just like those with SDD (Seasonal Depression Disorder) from lack of sun, you may be dealing with it from the aspect of the season not being what you think it should be. There is no shame in talking to someone who is impartial. :)

Ya know, I had thought about whether what some of us seem to suffer from bears any comparison to SAD/SDD (like an opposite form, almost). But ya hit on the head, though...And see, it's so illogical to be depressed about this when, as @stormtracker said, you're still breathing and in relatively good health. And yet still, some of us struggle...and I don't quite understand why. So many blessings that we couldn't count them all...and yet some of us sit here being depressed from a lack of snow? I don't get it...it's like an entity that has some kind of control over the mind or something.

I get the feeling some truly haven't mastered how to always have things to look forward to...that could be the center of it. If you have trouble throughout the year...then along come DJF and ya start placing your hopes on having snow to look forward to, and we have a season like this instead...and boom. Hence the result. Not a good cycle to be in!

(Hey, maybe we oughta start a snow psychology thread...lol Or perhaps a perspective thread people can go to to remember how NOT big of a deal this has to be!)

• Like 1

Im fine. It healthy to release frustration. Even my therapist says as much. Not good to bottle it up at all. Its hilarious though that now you can't even complain in a banter thread on a weather forum where people love snow during a year that is rivaling one of our worst winters. I am not the one with issues it seems.

The complaints back in the easternuxwx days use to be lengedary. During winters where we had a ton more snow than this year.

What happened to you guys? When did it become offensive to complain?

4 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Im fine. It healthy to release frustration. Even my therapist says as much. Not good to bottle it up at all. Its hilarious though that now you can't even complain in a banter thread on a weather forum where people love snow during a year that is rivaling one of our worst winters. I am not the one with issues it seems.

The complaints back in the easternuxwx days use to be lengedary. During winters where we had a ton more snow than this year.

You really think what you’re doing is complaining?  

Imma just let you be because I’ve been dealing with you for years and you’re going into your typical “it’s everybody else, not me!” lame  defense mode.  So I’ll just leave with asking you to kill the incessant whining.  We heard you the first 2,587 times.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Yes you are correct it is healthy to release frustration. That was part of my problem. But if you continue to be in a serious depression even after releasing it there may be more to it. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Maybe you could gripe somewhere else. The lack of snow may depress you but that doesn’t in turn give you the right to try and depress others.  We have a bitching thread. Perhaps use one of those. If not, maybe one of our mods @mappy, @H2O, @stormtracker would be so kind as to either 5 post or no post you.

half this forum would be limited to 5 posts if we went that route, sadly. mdecoy is easy to ignore. can't fix his unhappiness though. 

I specifically remember March 2013, after snowquester, people went on the deep end. Literally. Profanity laced tirades a plenty. Randy said he was going to eat another papa johns pizza and crawl into a state of despair. I 110% remember that.

That has been replaced by people saying "this is normal" and getting angry at complainers telling them to "get real problems" etc.

So what changed? Did people stop loving snow as much?

19 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

You really think what you’re doing is complaining?  

Imma just let you be because I’ve been dealing with you for years and you’re going into your typical “it’s everybody else, not me!” lame  defense mode.  So I’ll just leave with asking you to kill the incessant whining.  We heard you the first 2,587 times.   

One of the oldest and most cliche sayings will never go away... Misery loves company... And miserable people will do anything and everything in their power to build an army of misery. Luckily I'm immune to that S. Just a teaspoon of rational thought is all it takes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

If only people would stop engaging him in his circular "reasoning".

PSU finally realized how futile it is. ( I think)

Nah, it's like a rubik's cube to PSU. It takes a long time, maybe some luck, and some definite cheating and you can eventually solve that stupid thing. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

half this forum would be limited to 5 posts if we went that route, sadly. mdecoy is easy to ignore. can't fix his unhappiness though. 

A fine person, NIBOR, posted in the NYC banter thread dated 01/27/2020 P, during an ongoing difficult period, the following: “ Maybe the real treasure of winter was the friends we made along the way” I find this sentiment applicable up and down the east coast, during this disappointing cold season. As always ....

• Like 1

You guys are right. the winter is well above normal. March snow is amazing. Its been pretty cold this year. A 1 inch snowstorm is very significant and now I am tracking a few sleet pellets for March with ecstasy. This is exciting. I am so happy. We've been so blessed with all these cold stormy winter the last couple years. Record cold and snow. So blessed. So blessed.

Life is just amazing.

I am done. , people are now offended by the slightest bit of negativity. ts really snowflaky.

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Man I never get THAT bored.

LOL 

7 minutes ago, rclab said:

A fine person, NIBOR, posted in the NYC banter thread dated 01/27/2020 P, during an ongoing difficult period, the following: “ Maybe the real treasure of winter was the friends we made along the way” I find this sentiment applicable up and down the east coast, during this disappointing cold season. As always ....

pffft, we eat our own here 

2 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

You guys are right. the winter is well above normal. March snow is amazing. Its been pretty cold this year. A 1 inch snowstorm is very significant and now I am tracking a few sleet pellets for March with ecstasy. This is exciting. I am so happy. We've been so blessed with all these cold stormy winter the last couple years. Record cold and snow. So blessed. So blessed.

Life is just amazing.

I am done. , people are now offended by the slightest bit of negativity. ts really snowflaky.

good. let this be the last post of this mess. 

7 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

In other news...who saw "Parasite," and if you did, what did you think? My only other exposure to South Korean filmmaking was "Train to Busan" a few years back -- which was a damn good zombie apocalypse flick.

zombies on a train sound terrible (but i heard the movie was really good). 

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

I thought the same going in -- Busan was edge-of-your-seat the entire movie. Highly recommended, even with the subtitles. Some describe it as Snowpiercer with zombies...though I haven't seen Snowpiercer.

good to know! thanks!

1 hour ago, mappy said:

zombies on a train sound terrible (but i heard the movie was really good). 

58 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

I thought the same going in -- Busan was edge-of-your-seat the entire movie. Highly recommended, even with the subtitles. Some describe it as Snowpiercer with zombies...though I haven't seen Snowpiercer.

First it was snakes on a plane then sharknados on a Ferris wheel.  now its zombies on a train?

Whats next?  Lycans on Lyft?  Frankensteins on a ferry?  Is there ANY mode of transportation thats safe anymore?  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Steve25 said:

I personally love the cold and snow as much as anyone can, so yeah, winters like this are a bummer. 

With that said, I LOATHE Spring and Summer. So no matter how disappointing the Winter is, I still enjoy and appreciate it immensely. As soon as everything starts to blossom, bugs start swarming, and the humidity kicks back in, I'm going to miss the hell out of these 40 degree, rainy days! 

Also, to take my own advice, I am working hard to get my life to a place where I can move somewhere that lacks Summer, or at least is much more tolerable. If I could just find a place with brutal winters and Summers that top out at like 65 degrees, I'd be in heaven. I don't know if such a place exists with realistic living conditions. 

Steve,  Lived in the Mid Atlantic for 47 years then move to high desert of Central Oregon almost 6 years ago.  Love it here, ironically summer is now my favorite season because the nights are always cool, the humidity is low, endless sunshine and bright blue sky with lots of outdoor recreation right out my door.  The other crazy awesome thing, there are almost no bugs here, my pets have never had flees or ticks since moving here. (Some mosquitoes around the lake shores and right on the snow melt line ) Don't even need window screens and I do not have AC in my house.  There is literally always snow or snow fields in the mountains.  Goes down to very little in late August, September but I have never not seen snow on the high Cascades.   

So it can get really hot on the summer afternoons but it is always dry and then cools of to jacket weather at night.    So topping out at 65 you'd probably need to be very high elevation or coastal areas?  No floods or earthquakes here so biggest risk are wild fires.  Had one summer with bad smoke in August and another with moderate smoke.  Last summer was perfect with zero smoke more scattered thunderstorms than usual. Most of the summer had high in the 70's and low's in the 40's 

Think you'd like the PNW or Idaho / Montana or Wyoming ?

Good thing here, our town is growing fast and has lots to offer for it's size.   check it out,  come spring ski and golf the same day in April even May . https://www.visitbend.com/

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic