Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2020

George BM

On 2/6/2020 at 8:35 PM, mappy said:

Thank you, she is incredibly lucky that a messed up foot is all she will deal with. 5 fractures and multiple dislocations. Surgery in the morning to relocate bones, then fix fractures if swelling allows it. Otherwise, another surgery after swelling goes down. Long road ahead of her with recovery, but we will help her every learned step of the way. It could have been so much worse! 

thank you all for the well wishes and good vibes, appreciate it :wub: will be back downtown tomorrow, yay!

C6DFEBD2-1DEF-4313-848D-825C367107D5.jpeg

I was out a couple days. Wishing your sister a speedy and full recovery mappy.  Those calls are never what you want to hear/happen. Super glad it wasn't worse, and from the car pic it easily could have been.

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Seeing as we haven't seen a post from him maybe he is one of the souls that get lost in airports after missing their connecting flights? 

Hope not, he was super pumped to be headed out there! I try to fly direct, and IF I have to make connections I won't do less than 90 minutes just to be on the safe side..... Actually, you fly direct 'cuz you hate to fly, don't lie Fred! lol

3 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Hope not, he was super pumped to be headed out there! I try to fly direct, and IF I have to make connections I won't do less than 90 minutes just to be on the safe side..... Actually, you fly direct 'cuz you hate to fly, don't lie Fred! lol

Enjoy flying myself. But I do prefer the direct flights. If I am going somewhere I want to be there yesterday and not spending several extra hours with a connecting flight. About the only benefit to a stop over for me is that you get an extra takeoff and landing thrown in and I enjoy them.

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Enjoy flying myself. But I do prefer the direct flights. If I am going somewhere I want to be there yesterday and not spending several extra hours with a connecting flight. About the only benefit to a stop over for me is that you get an extra takeoff and landing thrown in and I enjoy them.

Two of the parts you enjoy I don't lol! That and fighting the crowds and TSA just makes flying a necessary evil in my book. Once on and up in air I turn the music on and look out the window at the countryside passing underneath if possible, or try to nap if cloudy. Last three times I've returned from west I've done red eyes and slept, best way to fly IMO.

11 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Two of the parts you enjoy I don't lol! That and fighting the crowds and TSA just makes flying a necessary evil in my book. Once on and up in air I turn the music on and look out the window at the countryside passing underneath if possible, or try to nap if cloudy. Last three times I've returned from west I've done red eyes and slept, best way to fly IMO.

Wanted to be a pilot when I was younger. Had a good shot at the Air Force academy but when I found out my eyesight wasn't good enough to fly the fighter jets I took a pass. Wanted to be the the predator and not the prey of which flying one of those big lumbering cargo jets would have made me. If I had a do over though I would probably do things different knowing the things I do now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Solid road win against a good opponent last night for the terps.  

Winning on the road in the big ten is a tough task.

Best team since 01-02. They arent that good of course but overall depth and talent isn't that far behind. The Diamond Stone years were decent but not this level. I wonder how long Smith stays in college tho....

Early in the year the terps looks typical with good talent but had a very hard time locking down in the second half and giving fans heart attacks. Now they turn it up, play very tight D, and take advantage of opportunity. Last 5 minutes last night was very impressive. Team said screw this crap, lets take them out of the game physically and mentally and they did it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Best team since 01-02. They arent that good of course but overall depth and talent isn't that far behind. The Diamond Stone years were decent but not this level. I wonder how long Smith stays in college tho....

Early in the year the terps looks typical with good talent but had a very hard time locking down in the second half and giving fans heart attacks. Now they turn it up, play very tight D, and take advantage of opportunity. Last 5 minutes last night was very impressive. Team said screw this crap, lets take them out of the game physically and mentally and they did it. 

If they play defense during the tourney like they are capable, and for a full 40 minutes, they’ll be tough to beat.

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The old Gary W. Teams did . Maryland and Louisville were 2 of the best at fullcourt hard pressing defense  for years in the 90s to early 2000s 

Agreed. Williams years were tenacious. Duke and NC feared every game they played. Williams was a little cursed in the tourney though. Losing too many first and second round games when it should have been a win. They got some crappy draws with seeds but still... gotta lock that S down if you ever want to win it all. I loved the Williams years though. I used to go to at least 3-4 games a year. What an environment!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

My guess is this will be his last spring on campus. Hope im wrong but cant blame him if he is projected to be a lottery pick.

12 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

My guess is this will be his last spring on campus. Hope im wrong but cant blame him if he is projected to be a lottery pick.

One of MD's problems is their athlete graduation rate. Especially the stars. Every red hot recuit presents the same question... 1 year or 2? Lol. Smith is going to be a great pro. Soft touch with FTs and 3s and a serious presence inside. NBA teams drool over that stuff. 

Playing around with my snow history.  Pretty amazing that over an 11-year period, I've settled in right near the long-term average (which is 20" for my location, as far as I can tell).  That median though.

Season Snowfall
09-10 Seasonal 69.0
10-11 Seasonal 12.5
11-12 Seasonal 3.1
12-13 Seasonal 12.5
13-14 Seasonal 48.3
14-15 Seasonal 22.7
15-16 Seasonal 31.0
16-17 Seasonal 6.2
17-18 Seasonal 9.5
18-19 Seasonal 20.3
19-20 Seasonal 2.2