Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2020

George BM

Just now, George BM said:

Not going to lie... you threw me in a loop for a second there...

Yeah 5 years ago at this moment the heaviest part of that snow squall was getting ready to wind down here. It was my favorite minor snow event here for sure.

Maximized that event here. That has not happened often in recent winters imby lol. Only squall event that beats that one is when I lived in Carroll county back in the 80s as a kid. An all out white out with thunder that ended up with 3-4" in like 45 mins.

Just now, Wonderdog said:

15 in Gainesville and not a cloud in sight.

Wow.  Just woke up.  It is cold out here.  15.  Three dog morning.  You know the GEFS at 384 looks like an ice box coast to coast.  Maybe March has some hope.  Or maybe I need my eyes checked. 

21 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Wow.  Just woke up.  It is cold out here.  15.  Three dog morning.  You know the GEFS at 384 looks like an ice box coast to coast.  Maybe March has some hope.  Or maybe I need my eyes checked. 

Let's hope not. I'm sick of 45 degree rain. Coldest morning of the fall here. 16

12 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maximized that event here. That has not happened often in recent winters imby lol. Only squall event that beats that one is when I lived in Carroll county back in the 80s as a kid. An all out white out with thunder that ended up with 3-4" in like 45 mins.

The best kind. Remember as a child down somewhere around Catonsville/Elliott City had a snow squall that has never been topped. Saw 5-6 inches in maybe 30-45 minutes. Didn't have thunder but we had snowflakes that were coming down almost the size of baseballs. Never seen the like since.

7 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

The best kind. Remember as a child down somewhere around Catonsville/Elliott City had a snow squall that has never been topped. Saw 5-6 inches in maybe 30-45 minutes. Didn't have thunder but we had snowflakes that were coming down almost the size of baseballs. Never seen the like since.

Was probably the same event. I think it was  in Feb, 1985? Might be off a year.

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Friday, January 25, 1985.

5 hours ago, BristowWx said:

I don't know now brother. You might be right especially if we get a string of cold shots over a couple of weeks. We need the incoming HP to move easterly and maybe that precipitation down south won't be suppressed later next week. 

Just now, Wonderdog said:

I don't know now brother. You might be right especially if we get a string of cold shots over a couple of weeks. We need the incoming HP to move easterly and maybe that precipitation down south won't be suppressed later next week. 

I just want to see it snow again before April.  We got really lucky in Jan.  Had I knew it might be the only event I would have been more excited.  Winter was young at that point.  And here we are. Eh what can you do.  November will get here soon enough

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic