Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, wx2fish said:

Its either some version or the wrf or just some kind of model blend is my guess 

From what I've I heard from Kevin is that it's a model that Noyes, and I'm assuming a team of people at NBC10 built themselves.

I'm just guessing that it is a model blend maybe given more weight to the Euro or something but I do see it a lot and it is pretty accurate

No internet since last night now. Checked out the back woods and it was a pine that snapped in half. Looks like a few of them came down from the storm. The snapped one looked fresh and healthy where it broke and was about 10-12” diameter. Some of the “newer” old growth out there are tall and lanky as they tried to compete with the massive trees out there. So throw an inch of qpf at them in zr, ip, and sn and it’s not a surprise we’re getting some snappers. 

Pack is 9-10”. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, dendrite said:

No internet since last night now. Checked out the back woods and it was a pine that snapped in half. Looks like a few of them came down from the storm. The snapped one looked fresh and healthy where it broke and was about 10-12” diameter. Some of the “newer” old growth out there are tall and lanky as they tried to compete with the massive trees out there. So throw an inch of qpf at them in zr, ip, and sn and it’s not a surprise we’re getting some snappers. 

Pack is 9-10”. 

Center harbor inn webcam looks droopy. Was it the wind too?  Still a couple thousand in town without power. Glad I’m not one. 

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Center harbor inn webcam looks droopy. Was it the wind too?  Still a couple thousand in town without power. Glad I’m not one. 

The one I heard drop was just before sunset when the wind began to ramp up. My anemometer froze up so I have no idea what we’ve been gusting. And yeah, deep winter out there this morning. 

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Think Sunday River had another 3 to 5 overnight giving them 8 to 10 with sleet too. Skiing should be pretty sweet

I move west to east looking at webcams, last evening around 9, I started at MRG, then Wildcat and finally Sugarloaf. It was pouring snow at MRG and Wildcat but couldn't see a flake at Sugarloaf. Found a webcam at Sunday River's base and it looked to be coming down pretty good there, too. My son drove up early this morning to ski either Attitash or Wildcat.

18 minutes ago, Angus said:

I move west to east looking at webcams, last evening around 9, I started at MRG, then Wildcat and finally Sugarloaf. It was pouring snow at MRG and Wildcat but couldn't see a flake at Sugarloaf. Found a webcam at Sunday River's base and it looked to be coming down pretty good there, too. My son drove up early this morning to ski either Attitash or Wildcat.

Hopefully not Attitash, they were reporting only 2” new.  

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Think Sunday River had another 3 to 5 overnight giving them 8 to 10 with sleet too. Skiing should be pretty sweet

As you might expect, uneven distribution outside of VT.  Bretton Woods got 6-8” yet Cranmore and Attitash reporting 2-3”.  

Cannon reporting 7-8” but only 4” at Waterville. 

SR was 8-10 total Sugarloaf only 6”. 

N Conway area has been the snow hole of NNE this year. 

1 hour ago, Angus said:

For sure, Sugarloaf especially got skunked.

Sleet came way inland in Maine, so not a lot of inches to brag up but some solid base under future flakes.
Storm sequence here was 2.5" from 0.24" LE on Thursday, 0.06" zr/dz overnight, 1.5" sleet thru 4 PM Friday (Prob. about 0.65" LE) then 1" SN 4-7 PM.  2-day totals: 5.0" and 1.09" LE, all but 0.06" frozen. Pack now 14" and solid.   Never had a gust over 20, so no power issues in the foothills.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

As you might expect, uneven distribution outside of VT.  Bretton Woods got 6-8” yet Cranmore and Attitash reporting 2-3”.  

Cannon reporting 7-8” but only 4” at Waterville. 

SR was 8-10 total Sugarloaf only 6”. 

N Conway area has been the snow hole of NNE this year. 

Part of the reason is that a good part of our 7 or so inches were from upslope; but as I've mentioned in some threads Conway has gotten really screwed this year. They get no upslope and in several events their low elevation has meant rain. Never seen anything like it down there! Just a bad bad year for everyone but locally even worse for them. And their ability to retain the pack doesn't help when nothing is falling 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah had about 12" at home on 1.58" water.  3,000ft ended with 19".

The most picturesque snow I've seen in town in a very long time.  Just a heavy QPF dump that stacked on everything from power lines to trees and street lights.

Awesome,  need that meat, looks very active up there