• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

Power is out to a large portion of the Mountain Road here in Stowe.  No bueno but I’m on the line with a bunch of restaurants and lodges so hopefully they sort it out soon.  

Heavy wet snow after icing last night and now high winds.  Trees starting to drop...Fukkin white pines.  

Time to hit the bar though that has power... 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Power is out to a large portion of the Mountain Road here in Stowe.  No bueno but I’m on the line with a bunch of restaurants and lodges so hopefully they sort it out soon.  

Heavy wet snow after icing last night and now high winds.  Trees starting to drop...Fukkin white pines.  

Time to hit the bar though that has power... 

Yup, my workplace is on the mtn rd and I'm waiting for it to come back on as I have to go fire the servers back up, and damn if that dont mean no drinking yet!!  The snow makes it worth it though.

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Doesn’t that picture Mitch took equal 0.25” of radial accretion?, one side of the twig has 0.5” the other basically has 0.0”. 

Yes. Assuming that’s the way it actually was...but it easily could have been that the ice on the bottom broke off when he snapped the twig for the pic. 

Thats my guess as to what happened since you don’t normally get ice accretion purely on one side like that. Usually there will at least be some on the other side. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That seems a bit high. Not sure anything supported that mixing?

idk...I haven't really looked at much. Chris just said a rogue gust like that near PVC wouldn't have surprised him. That home site is at 49ft too.

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=F5907&time=GMT

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems a lot watch .. in house model FTW

What in the hell is an in-house model anyways? Am I seriously to believe NBC has the processing power to run there own weather model or is it some algorithm of current models available? Generally curious. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems a lot watch .. in house model FTW

He's blown forecasts before himself.  Yes high winds are something people should be prepared for but this is an arrogant and unprofessional tweet.  Someone could easily rub that sheet right back in his face when he blows one himself. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

idk...I haven't really looked at much. Chris just said a rogue gust like that near PVC wouldn't have surprised him. That home site is at 49ft too.

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=F5907&time=GMT

A 1.5 gust factor is well within typical ranges, so that's not a red flag.

I know the WV showed a real dry patch develop on the leading edge of the wind. Figured that could be an area of enhanced wind.

26 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

What in the hell is an in-house model anyways? Am I seriously to believe NBC has the processing power to run there own weather model or is it some algorithm of current models available? Generally curious. 

It's possible to run an in-house WRF on a computer for a small domain. More likely they just pay for some proprietary service that only they have.