Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

14 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

OWD at 3:00

59F

970.5 (28.66)

S28 G48

Springtime in the swamp, but will it still be warm when I get off the train in Westwood in an hour!?

No it will be colder. Temps are falling pretty quick not too far west after a brief spike. 

30 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Just pounding right now in the tail of the comma head. Easily 1.5-2" per hour with 2-3" new OTG! Likely a strong orographic response assisting the snowfall rates as well.

I had 1/2" of ice accretion so the trees are creaking and stressed in the increasing wind. Temperature briefly spiked to 32.1° F as changeover to snow was occurring around 2 PM.

84358971_2530642997047041_2887007824448061440_o.jpg

83637721_2530643347047006_3195287022038155264_o.jpg

Nice Mitch deep deep winter

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah right... sun comes out to a burst of snow...weird.. 

Also, GFS nailed the low track.  As far as I can tell... it moved right down Rt 2

Not really . Gfs had it up into S VT and cutting across NH for many many cycles 

this broad strong low went from route 2 north side to Just south of pike (S side of low )

And all models cept maybe some meso’s were awful w temps in route 2 corridor during day ..even 24 hours out they all had 40’s at 18z

That was an awesome drive home.  Got in the car in rain in Leominster. Quickly became cats paws then moderate snow as I went west on Rte 2.   Winds picked up

Some branch damage in Hubbardston due to ice.  Lots of ice on trees coming down due to winds.  Got a 0.1” of snow.  Now at 50.00” for the season

52 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Wind picked up noticeably in the last hour or so. Big flakes have been pummeled by the wind and are much smaller. I have big picture window in my living room but it seems like storms either happen at when it’s dark or I’m not home. It’s nice being able to sit on the couch and watch the wind and snow. 

The great view I have out my living room window just allowed me to witness the decapitation of my mailbox by the plow. Grrrrrr