Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I fin d it better to let the pack absorb some of it then let it crust over the rest.

That was one thought but if the temp spiked above freezing and was mostly a straight rain, I wanted it to avoid shovelling the extra weight.  And if it was going to be more snow, then better start soon.  For freezing rain, I would have gone the pack absorbtion route.  Sadly I had no idea what would actually happen.  Still don't

54 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Today's 3-5 (yesterday's late forecast) is now 1-3, and my guess is a tenth or 2 of zr, 1/2" IP, then a windblown dusting and good-bye.  A warned event that might not even reach advisory criteria.  Maybe about the 10th power outage since the equinox thanks to the NW gales - can't recall a cold season with even 3 in our 21+ years here.

we were in 6-8" zone, but ended up with 3.25" and <1" on backside later today. Another disappointment in the winter of 19-20.

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I fin d it better to let the pack absorb some of it then let it crust over the rest.

I snowblowed last night, but that was after Fedex got stuck and made a mess of it. Apparently their policy, like UPS is they have to deliver regardless. We have a steep incline on the driveway. He eventually got out, but it was a packed down/rutted mess.

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I snowblowed last night, but that was after Fedex got stuck and made a mess of it. Apparently their policy, like UPS is they have to deliver regardless. We have a steep incline on the driveway. He eventually got out, but it was a packed down/rutted mess.

Didn't fedex already screw your driveway up last fall too? I don't use them for anything and dread when i have a shipment coming in with them.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

@Organizing Low in the Northern Champlain Valley there you could get like 10-14” in the next 8-10 hours if you are already over to snow.  Got a healthy 1-1.5” QPF to go on all the models.

thanks PF.  

Pleasantly surprised by the early/ on time change over.   Always a good sign.   Should be in btown soon one would think.  

Walked home from work, it’s a winter wonderland , very  calm winds fat juicy flakes.  Another good sign. One inch fresh down now.  

only problem is I work nights and sleep days so I have to sleep today and work tonite.  Totally blows that I’m going to miss the good stuff , but tracking Radar overnite as well as conditions To our NW has been fun.  

I’m sure I’ll wake up at some point today to look out the window.  Hopefully I don’t see much :lol:

14 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Hope he didn't slide off the driveway and tear up your lawn.  :whistle:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Dude likes to blame his lawn on everything else but himself.  Not that hard to grow grass in the North Country....it's always wet with plenty of precip. 

Obviously you have no clue of his yards conditions that may be preventing grass from growing there.

11 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Dude likes to blame his lawn on everything else but himself.  Not that hard to grow grass in the North Country....it's always wet with plenty of precip. 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Obviously you have no clue of his yards conditions that may be preventing grass from growing there.

I live in a town called Graniteville and believe me, it's called that fr a reason.  grass doesn't grow everywhere around my house 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

we were in 6-8" zone, but ended up with 3.25" and <1" on backside later today. Another disappointment in the winter of 19-20.

Yesterday afternoon the GYX "90%/most likely/10%" line for Farmington was 4/9/10.  This morning, with just 0.06" zr in between, the line is 1/2/6.  Oops - looks like things shifted about 75 miles NW.

Tiny IP began here about 8:45, far preferable to zr.