Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Meanwhile the 12z GFS is pains taking ticking east ever so slowly ea run that by friday it should catch on to wave 2 being further east as other guidance at the surface.

lol this 12z GFS panel is obscene.

Maxes out at 1.0" QPF in 6 hours in that meso-band.  Frontogenic forcing is insane.  The sounding from 6z looked like a nuclear bomb in UVV's in the midlevels over BTV.

I know it isn't good for most of the forum, but those deepening lows riding between BOS and PWM usually are our best snow producers.

gfs-deterministic-neng-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-1109200.thumb.png.bb85b7a3c18c56cd552cd50e0f1fae21.png

• Weenie 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

lol this 12z GFS panel is obscene.

Maxes out at 1.0" QPF in 6 hours in that meso-band.  Frontogenic forcing is insane.  The sounding from 6z looked like a nuclear bomb in UVV's in the midlevels over BTV.

gfs-deterministic-neng-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-1109200.thumb.png.bb85b7a3c18c56cd552cd50e0f1fae21.png

That’s insane, but believable wherever that occurs because the dynamics with this are really impressive.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya that’s PSF/PSM track on that one 

not much time for N areas of SNE 

The meso models like the 12z WRF-NMM show the cold tuck solution. I for the most part believe in them, but If this thing does intensify rapidly, it may become a non-issue near and inside 495 as the mesos show. My gut would agree with the mesos, but if I had to forecast, I may sort of find a compromise at this stage, while acknowledging the possible colder scenario. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The meso models like the 12z WRF-NMM show the cold tuck solution. I for the most part believe in them, but If this thing does intensify rapidly, it may become a non-issue near and inside 495 as the mesos show. My gut would agree with the mesos, but if I had to forecast, I may sort of find a compromise at this stage, while acknowledging the possible colder scenario. 

The BTV (being a meso) concurs 

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Last nites 0z ukie  actually moved pretty significantly toward the GFS in track . Bout a 75 mile plus bump north .

interested to see if the 12z ukie follows suit 

NAM is full of shit for Friday. Sell that and expect tracks near BOS/PSM. This is a powderfreak storm. 

But the mesos may have a good idea on locking in the cold at the sfc. Still gotta watch for siggy ice. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM is full of shit for Friday. Sell that and expect tracks near BOS/PSM. This is a powderfreak storm. 

But the mesos may have a good idea on locking in the cold at the sfc. Still gotta watch for siggy ice. 

Yeah that snow blitz ain't happening I don't think. I think track along s coast and SE MA probably, but the srfc temps inland still probably 30-32 with that track.

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

These words bring a tear of joy to my eye.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I won’t be surprised at all at icier looks today .

I'd bank on getting more in the way of icy stares from dancers at the Blue than you'll get this week in the weather department.. 

Maybe up toward Rt 2 will manage something wintry.   Nothing burger for everyone south of there.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'd bank on getting more in the way of icy stares from dancers at the Blue than you'll get this week in the weather department.. 

Maybe up toward Rt 2 will manage something wintry.   Nothing burger for everyone south of there.

Well if you’ve read the posts today the Mesos are near 32 inland , so if I were you and were I, I’d plan on damage and issues