• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

Well... the GFS is about 3 latitude away from blasting a 4-6"/5hr burst on exit of the 2nd wave...

I'd call that a whopper correction actually...

I also think personally that this whole ordeal may be a moderate icestorm with 3-6" on top, from N to S - not completely sold, but that's how I'm leaning.

I don't like the tuck look on the first wave - if that synoptics is even 70 percentile of what constructs, you probably icing concerns further south than even some of these higher res guidance .... hint hint, the GFS ain't seeing that.   He's two ballz and bat short of full inning in that game -

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well... the GFS is about 3 latitude away from blasting a 4-6"/5hr burst on exit of the 2nd wave...

I'd call that a whopper correction actually...

I also think personally that this whole ordeal may be a moderate icestorm with 3-6" on top, from N to S - not completely sold, but that's how I'm leaning.

The GEFS agrees with you.  The Friday wave is snowier further southeast like the NAM.  The GEFS mean now has 5-8” starting to tickle the Mass/NH border.  

DAD6C39B-E4D3-4F55-B28B-7B307F9254A9.thumb.png.fb96106e5eea8a89d2ceb706701d41f0.png