Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It looked colder to me, I don't see where its weaker at all unless you consider 978mb as weak...........:lol:

image.png.7e56fd683cc19b18924ec115c86c7e1f.png

Try and follow along here.  The slp was weaker then the 00z run by a few mb thru most of the time up to the storm.  And the only real noticable changes on wintry output was N of the MA border up in CNE.

• Weenie 5

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Try and follow along here.  The slp was weaker then the 00z run by a few mb thru most of the time up to the storm.  And the only real noticable changes on wintry output was N of the MA border up in CNE.

I'm following along just fine, You thru the meh comment in there and i don't see where any of this is that.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys look pretty locked to get smoked up there. 

That was the best case scenario run, never really shuts off between the two waves.  

Those SE ticks are really helping as that was looking to be up in the St Lawrence.  We have some decent wiggle room for some more SE ticks too.  

1 minute ago, rnaude241 said:

Heading up to the Maine cabin in Weston, ME in two weeks. Wish this was coming then. Man that's a crushing. At least it should remain for a wintry playground.

You should be good, Over the next 10 days there are a few more shots at these over runners.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No...my area got wrecked.

Can confirm...no power for a week in a half at my house in Methuen for that one. Funny part was I was living in Colorado at the time and flew in the night of that storm...power came back on the day I left to go back...heh.

Not really sure what to expect up here for this one yet. Im farther north now but I'm 100 yards from the water.

I'll tell ya ...imho what the Euro's doing here is attempting to coalesce this around more of a singular slug of S/W mechanics/open wave ... leading eventually to bomb upon exit.  

The problem is ..it doesn't have quite enough cold/BL forcing to make sure it's a NJ to ACK model track ... so it ends up at 72 hours with that odd looking wipe open central barograhic layout.  

I mean who knows if all that's right but the Euro inside of D4 is tough to knock -