Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

14 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I don't like wearing goggles. But it's a good idea.

Back in the early 2000s my astigmatism became much worse. I switched to low light colors on my goggles and they made a tremendous difference.  My last pair of Smith's were chroma and adjusted automatically to light conditions 

I don't like skiing when I can't see the snow surface, is that a problem? My eyesight isn't that good with my disease.
No problems at all. I like to go fast and I'm not a fan of flat light. I get it, it just sounded odd. Really just busting your balls. ... of course, I was unaware of a medical condition. Carry on.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Euro is colder ...little front end thump Thursday and Friday is colder ... doesn't mild up Thursday nite....eventually warm sector Friday around 17Z after a lot of Precip is thru

Gotta watch trends with that Thursday system and then Meso low and drain getting more involved on Friday of some icing as well as MSLP Friday goes a bit South on 0z .

You can see the low centered in SW CT at 981 at 18z Friday ...however there is a 984 isobar appendage going ENE just off Boston into GOM at that time . So draw a line from SW CT to Boston ...and North of that seems in the game on this run

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I'm just glad the Thursday low pressure isn't trending deeper and NW...ditto the Friday low as well.

Last nite's 0z euro had Friday low in Plymouth , NH at 12z Friday

tonite's run has the low running E/ENE exiting Boston Harbor into GOM. So nice trend

the meso low / cad sig looks a little better than the 18z run 

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I'm just glad the Thursday low pressure isn't trending deeper and NW...ditto the Friday low as well.

Last nite's 0z euro had Friday low in Plymouth , NH at 12z Friday

tonite's run has the low running E/ENE exiting Boston Harbor into GOM. So nice trend

I made that correction on the Euro chart for my First Call earlier this evening. You could see that the model had the low going over me here in Methuen on Friday, but I drew an arrow over se MA.

Euro def got more interesting for the siggy ice idea late Thursday night/Friday morning. Most 00z guidance did actually. The snow thump got a bit better too...esp pike north.

W’ell have to see if that’s a real trend or if it just goes back warmer at 12z. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Part one on thurs looks to be tracking a little further south on the overnight runs with a little more snow here with the 1st SW, Looks like the key to the friday deal is a little less amped coming out of the SW as it moves NE, If we get that Meso low to form and track into the GOM, It looks to advect colder dews SE from QUE thru Northen Maine further south which keeps the colder air at the surface as well, 0z Euro had it and it started to show up last night on the 18z run, 06z Nam has it as well and was much colder too, But it comes with its normal caveats at the time frame , We will see in an hour or so if the 06z Euro continues or goes back warmer, Looks like the GFS is the furthest west outlier and the warmest at the moment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro def got more interesting for the siggy ice idea late Thursday night/Friday morning. Most 00z guidance did actually. The snow thump got a bit better too...esp pike north.

W’ell have to see if that’s a real trend or if it just goes back warmer at 12z. 

We take with Open arms, faithfully 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Noyes has 52 Boston Friday lol

It still could be warm for all of us. We’ll know more today hopefully. The thing with Friday is that even if we aren’t getting warm, the cold air may be sort of stale with the true cold below 32, further north near NH border. That will depend on whether or not we can get a good north wind going with any meso low passage. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It still could be warm for all of us. We’ll know more today hopefully. The thing with Friday is that even if we aren’t getting warm, the cold air may be sort of stale with the true cold below 32, further north near NH border. That will depend on whether or not we can get a good north wind going with any meso low passage. 

Nothing like a 33-34 rainer.  :)

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Usually you toss those warm temps when you see these setups I recall many where you have sniffed these out. I’m not saying it’s 20’s thru Fri nite, but I’d bet money it stays below 38

5 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Just this season we have had a few ZR chances but most did not materialize; was the 2008 ice storm a consistently forecasted event by the models?

2008 was forecasted pretty well once about 48-60 hours out. A lot of models were terrible with the CAD though...esp GFS, but even the Euro kind of sucked. Euro was trying to drive the low over interior New England. 

But most of us (including Mets at NWS Box) we’re not buying it and siding with the meso models that tracked it over SE MA. NAM did well in that event though it was actually just a hair too cold until inside of 24h...had ice a little further south than what actually materialized. But back then the NAM had a colder bias at the sfc in CAD...something it doesn’t have now.