Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If the Euro had gotten one storm correct all winter, I’d be somewhat excited. 2 correct and I’d be hyping. Alas, I’m just going to bed sad. 

One run but a colder one. Something to watch. Sleep tight in your footy PJs with the velcro dumper in the back

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Empirically there’s been too many off-hour Euro flip flops for me this season. I’ll wait for 00z before believing any colder trend.

Yes, Its done it a lot this year both at 06z and 18z only to revert back at 0z and 12z, That has been what has sucked folks in.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This year you have to favor warmest and not snowy outcomes. What can go wrong does and outperforms itself. My point is there’s something globally/ atmosphericically this winter that all of us and modeling has missed or is missing. 

Globally (NH), we have gone through a remarkably long stretch of a relatively flat flow with zero blocking, no persistent large-scale amplified trough / ridge couplets; no real anchor features; true arctic air has not be a regular visitor to the middle latitudes anywhere across the NH.  Why??? I have no clue.  Even in many of our blah / ratter winters, there were strong features causing havoc elsewhere; this year not so much.  The oceans are very warm on a widespread basis though and maybe the lack of sst gradients are playing a role???

• Thanks 1

I wanted to get out today and ski at Sundown, but it was a cloudy day this morning. The mountain faces West and doesn't get direct light for most of the day. The week ahead looks dismal for local skiing.
You couldn't ski today because it was cloudy this morning?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2