• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2020

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Really? We had a period mid to late afternoon where the skies brightened but other than that it's rained here pretty much the entire day and evening. Temp was in the 30s the entire time after 11am. 

It rained in the am but was dry from about noon until 6, then just mist/very light rain. 

Probably a mountain caused thing.

It’s windy again today! 

41 minutes ago, canderson said:

It rained in the am but was dry from about noon until 6, then just mist/very light rain. 

Probably a mountain caused thing.

It’s windy again today! 

I was surprised how windy it was when I got up today. I guess I shouldn't have been given the low bombing off the east coast.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Winds calmed and its 51. Sun feels much warmer. Probably hits 70 Tuesday.

Only made it to 40 here. But man, that wind! All those advisories this winter and today was the worst around these parts. Trees were roaring and wires were whistling...

Just when many of us thought that we might be done tracking winter storms, the Euro & Canadian bring a decent looking pattern for next weekend.

The models might be responding to the -EPO that is coming on later this week. The MJO looks to be turning more favorable as well.

Might as well track as long as we can...

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Just when many of us thought that we might be done tracking winter storms, the Euro & Canadian bring a decent looking pattern for next weekend.

The models might be responding to the -EPO that is coming on later this week. The MJO looks to be turning more favorable as well.

Might as well track as long as we can...

I really don't want to kill your (or others) joy, but why, of late, has winter waited until spring to arrive? Summers are lasting into October now, and winters are lasting deep into March and April.

Just now, canderson said:

Aside from a little rain Tuesday the whole week looks to be in the mid to upper 50s and sunny.  IMO winter is dead, enjoy spring before humidity arrives. 

We have had a very nice spring since December 18th.  There should be no complaints about going from winter, straight to summer this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Beautiful day in the sun at 62. 70 tomorrow. Normally temps like this would feel amazing at the end of winter but we've been so used to all the warmth that it doesn't feel that out of place like it normally would.

Earlier I predicted MDT wouldn’t see a daytime high below 38 the rest of the “season.” I probably can amend that to around 44. Cold is done. 

Prediction: MDT hits 74 Monday.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

At this point 70 here is a virtual lock...I'm up to 65.4 and rising quickly. 

These are those types of days where we will not get as high as the LSV due to elevation.  It's only 57 here.   Out here has been such a frying pan the last two years because of the parade of lows going to our west.

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

These are those types of days where we will not get as high as the LSV due to elevation.  It's only 57 here.   Out here has been such a frying pan the last two years because of the parade of lows going to our west.

Hmm, didn't realize that. You might not even need your AC on today. :lol:

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hmm, didn't realize that. You might not even need your AC on today. :lol:

My A/C is covered so I better not turn it on!   I bet we get between 65 and 70 but probably not over 70.  Only got into the 50's here yesterday and I went up about 800 more feet and it was still in the low 50's mid afternoon.  Doors are open though so the fresh air is coming in.