• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2020

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Most winters/early springs I would totally agree but hard to assume as such this year.  But not punting the chance.  I have punted there being a long period of cold and blowing snow anytime until next Winter.  If we get snow I think its going to be a slop fest. 

I agree, I’m not anticipating some 2 week long cold pattern. We just need 2 days of cold with a well tracked & timed system. We have all of March to get it done.

26 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Nice haha. Judging by the satellite it looked like the more organized band you were under had a Huron connection to it, which is typically a way to send more significant lake snows deep into C-PA.

Yeah i was lucky today...2" is a big deal this year unfortunately...but i'll take it. 

The 12z GFS & Canadian were not on board for next Friday.

No need to fear, the GFS has a crushing snow storm for most of CTP on March 11th. It brings a winter saving 16-20 inches of snow. The bullseye appears to be right over the homes of @pasnownut & @Itstrainingtime

Hey, at least it’s under 300 hours out. What could possibly go wrong... ? Maybe this time it will be even 25% to 50% right?

These maps are too good not to post !

69A63DB4-EDD3-4C2C-8B92-D131163D83A8.png

A1E04F74-8CE0-4F5F-B1AC-2EE40BE8A7EF.png

90371F27-ED5A-42BE-82B6-01353491E696.png

5 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Im headed to Florida from March 4th through the 9th.   I was figuring that this would be the period we would get snow since I’d be out of town. But with this winter, it just doesn’t want to snow.   I could have planned my trip anytime 

Where are you going in Florida?  I am going down next week as well and the biggest risk right now is not snow it is Corona.  Panic may ensue soon.

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Where are you going in Florida?  I am going down next week as well and the biggest risk right now is not snow it is Corona.  Panic may ensue soon.

Spending a week at Indian Rocks Beach.   Have a house rented.   Should be a good time to get away from this awful winter and eat some fresh seafood and catch some sun

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Spending a week at Indian Rocks Beach.   Have a house rented.   Should be a good time to get away from this awful winter and eat some fresh seafood and catch some sun

I love that area.  When I lived in Florida we would go to Belleair Beach a lot...just above Indian Rocks.  The West Coast is the good coast!  LOL.  Supposed to be plenty hot as well...at least the start of your trip.  Up near 90.  

I am prepared to drive home end of week if I have to avoid airports by that time. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I love that area.  When I lived in Florida we would go to Belleair Beach a lot...just above Indian Rocks.  The West Coast is the good coast!  LOL.  Supposed to be plenty hot as well...at least the start of your trip.  Up near 90.  

I am prepared to drive home end of week if I have to avoid airports by that time. 

I’m def worried about flying and the corona virus.  Kinda sucks because we already purchased the tickets.   Guess we’ll see how bad the panic gets 

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m def worried about flying and the corona virus.  Kinda sucks because we already purchased the tickets.   Guess we’ll see how bad the panic gets 

I am going to wear thin winter gloves to help remind me not to touch my face.  I do not think you should cancel just be careful.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Have fun! I love Florida. Haven't been anywhere in the state yet that I didn't enjoy.

Many times I wish my parents moved to Florida instead of Arizona. I love AZ, but Florida is greener and I'd be much closer, and it would be much easier, to visit my ailing mother.