• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2020

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Sure, too much of anything (expect snow ..of course) is usually not good, especially if people have blinders on.

It just seems like the “debs” have overwhelmed the threads this year.

They have actually chased away several good quality posters.

I also believe some of the crazy weenies have chased some good posters away. 

• Like 2

Just now, daxx said:

I believe a person can be too optimistic as well.  Sometimes they are much worse than the debs! 

Since we are on the topic of posting and writing etiquette I usually end up sort of skipping over are the dramatic/extremist types which ironically I have to fight myself not to be like.  There are three Met's which come immediately to mind  but fortunately most posters here are more level.   Everyone has their way of expressing themselves.  I sometimes have to look in the mirror or put myself in their shoes before I reply.  

3 minutes ago, daxx said:

I also believe some of the crazy weenies have chased some good posters away. 

You mean MA or in here?

I'd agree wrt the MA, as I know Bob/PSU Mitch and a few others have taken "mental" breaks but as much as i hate the debbyin which gets a little much at times, I dont see many that have fogged snow goggles in here.

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

If he could temper is doom n gloom that we all know and see, I'd be fine w/ him, but he gets away with a lot of junk that isnt typically tollerated down there.  He must have donated body parts worth of $$ to the board or somethin.

He is almost a founding member though...a grandpa.  Seniority wise he is on the level of a Marcus,   TQ or Don Rosenfeld.    By this point I think most should avoid being offended by his posts.   The one thing I find strange is that he must not do that with his FB folks as people would not just listen to sarcasm all the time.  This must be his outlet. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, daxx said:

The last good poster in here I  remember leaving was Jamieo.  I believe that was for different reasons. I am speaking for the whole board. 

weve had Jamie, heavy, allweather, and a few others that have left, and while I dont want to get into the weeds here, thats why I proposed a banter forum, as I didnt want "us" to scare them away.  The real knowledgeable ones dont want to parse through the "it aint happenin - I hate snow" parts of the threads.  They too may be snow hounds that want to come and share why things may or may not happen...and man i miss them.  When allweather was in here the other year giving kudos to us weenies for what we were sharing, as well as our knowledge for rookies, it was really an inspiration for me to keep at my learing/love of this sport.

Mag....cant imagine it hear without his level headed analysis, and I appreciate how he shares/discusses w/ us weenies that sorta know stuff.  That's my personal love of this board.  

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He is almost a founding member though...a grandpa.  Seniority wise he is on the level of a Marcus,   TQ or Don Rosenfeld.    By this point I think most should avoid being offended by his posts.   The one thing I find strange is that he must not do that with his FB folks as people would not just listen to sarcasm all the time.  This must be his outlet. 

Yeah I know hes a grandpa and know he's "quite capable"of good stuff, but I didn't know seniority gives hall passes to muddin things up....to which many have sounded off on him for doing so....many of which I also "grandfathered" in for their contributions over the years.  I know I'm not alone in my thinking.  Whatevs, and I like i said some time back, I prefer it here when we are clippin along, cause we have fun along the way.

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah I know hes a grandpa and know he's "quite capable"of good stuff, but I didn't know seniority gives hall passes to muddin things up....to which many have sounded off on him for doing so....many of which I also "grandfathered" in for their contributions over the years.  I know I'm not alone in my thinking.  Whatevs, and I like i said some time back, I prefer it here when we are clippin along, cause we have fun along the way.

Yea, we all have our own opinions.  I certainly understand not liking his posting.  I am just a fan.  I like shows such as Seinfeld, The Office, etc...so I have to appreciate Ji.  I will take my lashing for saying it.  LOL. 

I've reread every post in the Central PA threads going back to October. I can't find a single post that was negative without reason to be negative. If the weather is and is going to be a turd...than the posts about it are going to stink. 

If we were in a prolific pattern for snow and were getting snow and someone was making stinky posts that's a different conversation altogether. I honestly do not think that there has been any posts that stank when they should have smelled good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've reread every post in the Central PA threads going back to October. I can't find a single post that was negative without reason to be negative. If the weather is and is going to be a turd...than the posts about it are going to stink. 

If we were in a prolific pattern for snow and were getting snow and someone was making stinky posts that's a different conversation altogether. I honestly do not think that there has been any posts that stank when they should have smelled good.

well said Mike!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

I miss seeing Allweather posts. I do believe he might be done doing weather all together. Wasn’t his name Matt. Saw a matt had left wgal. 

Yes. He’s says he’s staying in the area x hope all is well. 

I forget why Jamie and heavy left. They were always wonderful. We’ve been blessed with a great crew - well other than the guy earlier this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Our forum is good most of the time.

The NYC, New England & Mid Atlantic forums have been un-readable at times this year with all of the doom & gloom. 

Thank goodness there are some good posters in the Mid-Atlantic forum that actually provide great analysis.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yes. He’s says he’s staying in the area x hope all is well. 

I forget why Jamie and heavy left. They were always wonderful. We’ve been blessed with a great crew - well other than the guy earlier this year.

Heavy didn't leave. He moved offices and is still posting in his appropriate thread.

Matt (Allweather) typically only posted during significant winter events...we haven't had any this year.

40 minutes ago, Festus said:

Matt Moore is indeed bailing from WGAL, traffic anchor Britney Garzillo as well.  This may even go back to the Eastern days but wasn't there a dude (Zak maybe?) who was really sharp and left due to too much drama?

Zac was great. He left the boards but I think iirc it wasn’t drama just a personal decision. He was battling some health issues too at the time. 

The Euro, GFS, & Canadian each have an interesting look around day 10, which coincides with the EPO flip to negative.

There is a cutoff type of low in the middle of the country on each model. There are also 1040 + Highs in Ontario & Quebec at the same time.

This could be something to track moving forward. If the cutoff emerges in time with the cold air in place, then we could be in business.

6D31B752-87A7-4D69-B830-164660935238.png

E2E78A2B-10B6-414A-B706-20D273120492.png

2A464047-02DB-46CD-BA6F-859E804B0471.png