• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - February 2020

Just now, Atomixwx said:

That entire franchise in the early 90s was hidden in Canada. It's crazy to think that the 94 players strike probably sent them to DC. That ballclub was eventually going to clear the hurdle they kept running into in the previous years and there wasn't anybody catching them. I think they would have had to deal with the Braves eventually that postseason, but I think the Expos were on the road to the pennant when they shut it down. 

A world series championship keeps them in Montreal, and builds a new ballpark. Now they're just stuck with nothing until the Rays get there.

Could not agree more with all of what you said. Even as an Orioles fan I would buy Phillies tickets when the Expos were in town. They were so much fun to watch.

34 minutes ago, Voyager said:

And everything out ahead of it is dying out right at the Susquehanna. Wonder if the squall line will as well...

I think the squall line might have some staying power across the state. I bet it makes it to at least Harrisburg with a decent burst of snow, and it may cross the rest of the state. It's being driven by the dynamics of the arctic front and the latest mesoanalysis shows the snow squall parameter product registering pretty good ( latest is lagging by about an hour or so). Some of that ever so slightly stronger Feb sun would've really lit this thing up if it were the daytime. 

61486185_ScreenShot2020-02-13at11_29_32PM.png.963c1c950dae895d2558ab6041b58224.png

6 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

I think the squall line might have some staying power across the state. I bet it makes it to at least Harrisburg with a decent burst of snow, and it may cross the rest of the state. It's being driven by the dynamics of the arctic front and the latest mesoanalysis shows the snow squall parameter product registering pretty good ( latest is lagging by about an hour or so). Some of that ever so slightly stronger Feb sun would've really lit this thing up if it were the daytime.

Well, it must have held together somewhat. Woke up to a coating on cars and the grass. I'd venture to guess not much more than a tenth of an inch, but it did snow overnight.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

33 here to start the day. People already complaining here in the office about how cold it is outside...I looked at a couple of them and reminded them that it's still well above normal for this date. :( 

No sign of any precip overnight here. 

I just looked at MDT's temps from after midnight and it was 38 so my comment yesterday about the 35 and under string being broken was wrong.  MDT may go 30 or more days now hitting 35 or more each day.  Its possible they stay below 35 tomorrow but otherwise it goes at least another week.

2 minutes ago, anotherman said:

We now live in Georgia.

Perception is amazing, isn't it? This morning if proof of how jaded people have become this winter. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just looked at MDT's temps from after midnight and it was 38 so my comment yesterday about the 35 and under string being broken was wrong.  MDT may go 30 or more days now hitting 35 or more each day.  Its possible they stay below 35 tomorrow but otherwise it goes at least another week.

I'm betting that MDT gets higher than 35 tomorrow. Seems like we usually rebound from cold shots faster than progged. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm betting that MDT gets higher than 35 tomorrow. Seems like we usually rebound from cold shots faster than progged. 

Going to be close based on the models.  I am sure a lot of us will.    I misread the 2M maps yesterday when posting.  Thought I was on the 0Z 2/14 Map but was on the 12Z (7AM) when looking at when MDT would go below 35.  Next chance to break the string would be Wed.

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Six years ago today.

I shovel the yard for the dog so I don't have a million land mines to clean up come spring time. Check out the size of the snow piles. By comparison, our dog is a 60 lb Black Lab and the wooden fence is 6 feet high...

1779775_10203101160711184_1984936223_n.jpg

I’ve shoveled once this year and it wasn’t for snow but sleet. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Coldest night so far this winter in Lancaster was 18. Seems reasonable to believe that we could break that tonight. 

Horst believes we're not finished with snow for the season, FWIW...

The final punt. I am waiting to punt with my interests as I still have wonderment in next Friday.  This Sunday night did not develop at all.   Punting for the rest of the winter is just a two week punt for the Met winter folks at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daxx said:

A winter like this one makes you appreciate the good ones.  If you ask me  we have been quite spoiled here in the lsv.  God forbid we have multiple winters in a row like this!  I think some of the younger crowd would have a full meltdown. 

I think the continued ease of access to more and more models makes it worse.  Digital snow has been freely available even this winter and the disappointment when it goes poof adds to the strain.  LOL.

Just heard there is a rocket lifting off from VA at 3:43 PM which should be visible if one has a clear view to the south/south east. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I think the continued ease of access to more and more models makes it worse.  Digital snow has been freely available even this winter and the disappointment when it goes poof adds to the strain.  LOL.

Just heard there is a rocket lifting off from VA at 3:43 PM which should be visible if one has a clear view to the south/south east. 

Excellent post!!  If we could pin a post, this would be the one!  Bubbler for president. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I don't think I remember the models struggling so in the past. 

Just now, pawatch said:

I don't think I remember the models struggling so in the past. 

I think the GFS, Icon and CMC in particular have really struggled in the mid range.  It has lead to an additional build up of anticipation every 6-12 hours because you just knew it was going to be different than last run b ut 90% of the time this winter different meant either worse or if better not enough for the more populated areas of the forum.  I am used to much less drastic changes than this year has featured. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, daxx said:

A winter like this one makes you appreciate the good ones.  If you ask me  we have been quite spoiled here in the lsv.  God forbid we have multiple winters in a row like this!  I think some of the younger crowd would have a full meltdown. 

I'm more upset about the lack of really any cold air than snowfall. Last winter was a really nice one - that one big storm to kick it off then a bunch of 3-4"ers. We've had a ton of big snows the last decade.