Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2020

42 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Well we could end up getting something.

Yeah this is the next one to watch and verbatim, it dissects the state from SW to NE.  I little wiggle the wrong way and were in trouble, but a little wiggle the other way and you may have your VDay plans changed to snowchasin w/ your sweetie.

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Awesome Nut! I am glad you experience and see winter. Would love to see pics. Anyways, I may have to chase a snowstorm at some point. I'm going to wait a couple of more weeks likely but if next week signals are as bad as this weeks. I'll be on a plane somewhere to see winter!

No need to get on a plane.  Just drive 5 to 6 hours north. Go to the Tug Hill.  I was just there for a week and there is plenty of snow. Stay on the west side of the hill. The town to look for is named Worth.   From there to 8 miles south of the town they have 30 inches on the ground. I used airbnb for housing. 

6 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

Me too...the older I get the more I want to move to florida.

Just make sure you very carefully pick where you live.  Most of Florida is so very low class but much more expensive than living up here.   Outside the fact that they do not have state and local income taxes I find it hard to find anything down there that is less expensive than here.  Housing is way out of hand down there again. 

19 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It will make it that much sweeter when we get our late February MECS & our March HECS !

One can dream a little....right ?

I think I'd be rivaling 93-94 by now if I cashed in GFS digital snow this winter haha. 

We can dream a little and we still have half of this month and March, but we are definitely facing an uphill battle to get things back in order. This winter has been something of an anti 2014-2015 in terms of it's remarkable consistency of having a horrendous pattern for us.. and thus far a couple of the opportunities that have presented themselves have just missed. Hopefully something gives.. I pretty much have to double my current total of 13.2" just to get into 01-02, 11-12, 15-16 range. As I posted a few days ago, all three of those winters had a single warning event with 01-02 and 15-16 having double digit ones back this way. If I somehow got out of this winter not having a single snowfall greater than the 2.1" that's the current biggest of the season.. that would be the worst winter I've seen here in my almost 34 years. 

1 hour ago, Wmsptwx said:

I’m actually a big fan of march snow, usually more dynamic systems and as a guy who loves snow and not snowpack so much it’s perfect.

I'm a snowpack guy, seeing a nice snowfall get taken away in a couple days def takes the luster away for me... which would likely be the fate of anything we do score in this type of a pattern.  Haven't even thought about getting the snowboard out this winter for anything local. I def would jump on an opportunity to do some slopes out west if anyone I knew that was doing that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

46 and almost calm winds this Am...feels like its 60.

It's been remarkable how many mornings this winter have been warmer than our normal daily high. I alluded to this a couple of weeks ago, the really anomalous departures this winter have been the nighttime lows in relation to the afternoon high temperatures. 

Last night was what...a +20 departure? 

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's been remarkable how many mornings this winter have been warmer than our normal daily high. I alluded to this a couple of weeks ago, the really anomalous departures this winter have been the nighttime lows in relation to the afternoon high temperatures. 

Last night was what...a +20 departure? 

10 days in we are a bit over plus 10 overall at MDT  The min's last week got down further at MDT that forecast which limited some of the end result damage. +17 last night at MDT.   Lancaster AP station is +11.3 for the month so far.  We stand a chance of ending the month with an overall double digit departure despite several below normal days later this week.   Not even the frying pan month of February 2018 was double digit so if we end up double digit that would be quite a feat.   Noticed that the Lancaster station recorded an 82 in Feb 2018.  Wow. 

44 minutes ago, canderson said:

CTP posted this. No comment. 

875C2EC8-F850-478F-A8A3-3AC3C518A24D.jpeg.77bab834e0f67eb5905d38da201ff909.jpeg

But it doesnt....

While its factual to date....its just jumping on the hype/click train.

To have a balanced approach it should also state that of late most of our "winter" (term used loosely) have been backloaded...but that detracts from the hype.

an example of the hype train that I'm talking about.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

Yes....I HATE hyperbole...

Signed,

Realist

and btw, this realist knows that with the lack of the "normal" (chat about winter), I cant argue for a second that this winter sucks.....so far, and may straight into spring.  6 legit weeks left and if we found a way to backload the hell outta what's left, I'm betting there would be little chat about it...other then the "i hate it crowd".  Hope my point is understood.  

an example of the hype train that I'm talking about.
https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html
Yes....I HATE hyperbole...

Signed,
Realist

and btw, this realist knows that with the lack of the "normal" (chat about winter), I cant argue for a second that this winter sucks.....so far, and may straight into spring.  6 legit weeks left and if we found a way to backload the hell outta what's left, I'm betting there would be little chat about it...other then the "i hate it crowd".  Hope my point is understood.  

giphy.gif
  • Like 1