• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2020

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'll ignore your reference to JB and wholeheartedly agree with you about upcoming storm chances. If nothing else it SHOULD be active. 

JB was someone I sort of idolized years (and I mean years) ago. Today is sadly nothing resembling a good met. I for one do not listen to anything he says. 

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, but I felt the need to defend JB.

In regard to your other point, the pattern should be very active. This winter might be salvageable if we get a few decent events in February. Then, if we score well in March just like we have the last 3 consecutive years, we might have a chance of reaching climo average.

#dontgiveup

#jimmyV

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Let’s agree to disagree on JB.

I think that he is great. A lot of major companies pay him for his forecast abilities. He must know a thing or two about forecasting the weather...

I did not mean to make it sound like I was insulting you.  I will not harp on JB.  He is fun to listen to.  

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Blizz plug your ears and shut your eyes.  0Z Nam comes in with low 60's for southern LSV tomorrow..  Upper 50's at MDT.  We might as well go for a 70 if the sun comes out.  Put a stamp on this heat wave.  

Haha! I will admit that it did feel great out there today! I will look forward to April weather, once we get to April...

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The only person I saw putting the rest of February was psu.  

I generally stay away from that forum, so I didn't see it, but the depression level was elevating here as well. The models and indecies looked bad, and then, all of a sudden, band, decent pattern. Thing is, what's to say they don't flip back to bad again?

Just now, Voyager said:

I generally stay away from that forum, so I didn't see it, but the depression level was elevating here as well. The models and indecies looked bad, and then, all of a sudden, band, decent pattern Thing is, what's to say they don't flip back to bad again?

I guess I was just defending our guys.  Did not remember anyone go over board.  I enjoy any situation that is far from norm...warm or cold...and I did punt this week from snow chances.

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I guess I was just defending our guys.  Did not remember anyone go over board.  I enjoy any situation that is far from norm...warm or cold...and I did punt this week from snow chances.

Sorry. My lack of work has been playing on my mind lately and making me a bit ornery...

When one is not productive, one gets depressed. Hopefully it changes VERY soon, because I can't take the boredom much longer...

16 minutes ago, pawatch said:

How about that!
@NWSStateCollege
5h
At 3:30 am: Fun fact...It's currently warmer in Bedford, PA (62F) than it is in Miami, FL (61F). #PAwx

Edit: Erie has a 41.9" snow deficit :o

Assuming the eastern half of North America doesn't receive a bunch of makeup snow and a big storm I'll be interested to see who ends the season with percentage-wise the biggest deviant from average. 

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Assuming the eastern half of North America doesn't receive a bunch of makeup snow and a big storm I'll be interested to see who ends the season with percentage-wise the biggest deviant from average. 

A good guess for the MA region would be cannan valley area of WV.     They rely on upslope and clipper style systems and those haven’t existed this season.  

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm not sure I'd make that assumption yet - we're entering an extremely active pattern and even if our backyards don't get back to normal snowfall, I suspect that some areas north and west of PA do. 

I'm becoming very intrigued about the next several weeks even for here. 

Edit: Oops, I read your email wrong. With that caveat, I agree with @Cashtown_Coop It's been brutal down there. 

4 hours ago, canderson said:

We still have been getting a decent amount of rain. Just not the white stuff.

Wonder how it all averages out...

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Took a peek at Wunderground map and it appears almost all of the LSV is into or almost into the 60's but eastern areas may fall a couple degrees short of yesterday.  Some spots in Adams, Franklin and Cumberland county making a run for 70.  Several 67's. 

56 here. CAD?