Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Played Heather hills in Plainville today... absolutely covered in leaves.... barely an attempt to even keep greens clear... kind of disappointing for $50.

Lost probably a half dozen balls in the middle of the fairway because of all the leaves. Not good 

Biggest drawback to fall golfing, love the weather but ball location is a big problem. Happens to us the last couple weeks of our league too.

43 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I guess no surprises at in store today. I didn’t want to see DJ blow his lead but I was hoping for a little suspense. Tiger’s 10 was painful and I was glad to see Rory making a little bit of a run. All in all I’m glad they were able to play the tournament.

Who hasn't been there.

Water, drop, water, drop, bunker, water, drop, green, two putt.

In my defense my home course has a par 5 that requires you to lay up twice before approaching the green. So 2-3 water balls isn't that strange.

Tiger also birdied 5 of the last 7 holes after that disaster 10. That’s the key takeaway imo. 

DJ has been lights out. I keep fading him and it’s burned me, especially in DFS. My boy Munoz played great as usual until an awful final round. Cam Smith was a sneaky pick, he came through big. 

Now onto the dead zone of Golf...

On 11/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, OceanStWx said:

Who hasn't been there.

Water, drop, water, drop, bunker, water, drop, green, two putt.

In my defense my home course has a par 5 that requires you to lay up twice before approaching the green. So 2-3 water balls isn't that strange.

Lay up twice.....like off the tee, then again in the fairway?

• 2 months later...

Had an opportunity for 25% off TaylorMade clubs and went ahead and got myself an early Father's Day present. First new set of clubs in 13 years. P790s.

I already talked to the local fitter and they'll take the off the rack set as long as they aren't used and fit me to 790s and just swap the sets. 

Awesome, you’ll notice a huge difference, will they fit you with a trackman? Shafts, even for irons are a big deal, they should offer you options. I ended up with true temper AMT Red, S300 for my titleist T200s, a little stiffer and lighter, I could feel the difference and allowed me to hit the sweet spot with swing speed, ball speed and spin Rates

11 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Had an opportunity for 25% off TaylorMade clubs and went ahead and got myself an early Father's Day present. First new set of clubs in 13 years. P790s.

I already talked to the local fitter and they'll take the off the rack set as long as they aren't used and fit me to 790s and just swap the sets. 

I would also suggest if they use the trackman is hit a few with your old  clubs and then the new clubs, you’ll be 1-2 clubs longer, some of that is the lofts are usually stronger on the new clubs because you can hit them higher. You’ll really be happy with the result and it will help you club when you play with them.

8 minutes ago, S&P said:

Awesome, you’ll notice a huge difference, will they fit you with a trackman? Shafts, even for irons are a big deal, they should offer you options. I ended up with true temper AMT Red, S300 for my titleist T200s, a little stiffer and lighter, I could feel the difference and allowed me to hit the sweet spot with swing speed, ball speed and spin Rates

Yeah they have trackman in the bays and I want to go through the whole process for shafts, lie, etc. 

I've only ever gone off the rack before and this could be the last new set for another 15 years so better make it count. :lol:

I've heard the 790s really can make the ball jump, so gaining a club would be huge for my game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Non life threatening but the crash looks suspicious of being on something. Maybe pain pills from back surgery. Not sure why anyone with that kinda money and post surgery is driving imo regardless if he was sober or not. 

That was my first thought too. Addiction is a bitch. 

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Initial reports indicate he was not impaired so that would be good news if true. 

I have also read that he was running late for a 7:30 a.m. scheduled golf lesson with Drew Brees that was being filmed.  Reports were that he rushed hurriedly out of the hotel just after 7:00 AM, that he was almost 1 hour away from his destination, and that speeding was a factor in the crash.  

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Initial reports indicate he was not impaired so that would be good news if true. 

8 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

I have also read that he was running late for a 7:30 a.m. scheduled golf lesson with Drew Brees that was being filmed.  Reports were that he rushed hurriedly out of the hotel just after 7:00 AM, that he was almost 1 hour away from his destination, and that speeding was a factor in the crash.  

I read the same reports.  I would think his career in competitive golf would be pretty much done.  

2 hours ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

How a guy like that doesn’t have a personal assistant around him at all times taking care of scheduling, transportation, etc is mind boggling. 

• Like 1