Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

12 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Getting out a lot, nice. My friend and I are thinking Bethpage Black Monday, if we are feeling adventurous. Partying starts tomorrow so we’ll see if we’re up standing on Monday morning to attack such a course.

That would be sweet. I played like crap today... shot a 102 and absolutely melted down on the last 2 holes. Smashed my club into the ground and tossed it about 50 yards. Not great 

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That would be sweet. I played like crap today... shot a 102 and absolutely melted down on the last 2 holes. Smashed my club into the ground and tossed it about 50 yards. Not great 

Been there. I still melt on holes but no longer smash or throw clubs. The game is a head fuk though. The only major sport you can blame no one but yourself (ok sometimes the course). Not the refs, teammates, coaches, etc...which is why I love it. All about the self. 

21 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

45/42, struggled. Walked The Ranch (9.5miles) carrying my bag in the heat. Felt sluggish the entire round. Back to the drawing board.

Not an easy Walker , especially the back nine. Couldn't have been cheap get the most out of it and take a cart.

16 hours ago, kdxken said:

Not an easy Walker , especially the back nine. Couldn't have been cheap get the most out of it and take a cart.

It’s not about being cheap...I’m always a walker. Good exercise and I enjoy the game more that way. I actually played better on the back so not like I got tired. I just felt sluggish most of the round.

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s not about being cheap...I’m always a walker. Good exercise and I enjoy the game more that way. I actually played better on the back so not like I got tired. I just felt sluggish most of the round.

Not saying you're cheap. I just find I usually have better rounds I ride. I'll walk a flat old Muni but if I'm paying big bucks I'd rather ride. Of course you're a lot younger than me I used to scoff at Riders as well ️ ☺️

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Me too.  I haven't ridden once this year despite the fact that I was given a season cart pass.

44 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Not saying you're cheap. I just find I usually have better rounds I ride. I'll walk a flat old Muni but if I'm paying big bucks I'd rather ride. Of course you're a lot younger than me I used to scoff at Riders as well ️ ☺️

I don't scoff at riders but I generally prefer walking and there are exceptions.  If I'm playing in a tournament and it's slow, I like having the cart. If I'm playing a course I'm unfamiliar with, I like having a cart so I can ride up and take a look at what I'm hitting towards if it's unclear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

Ha. I don’t scoff at riders though. Once in a while, I’ll ride. Just depends. Some courses you can only ride, comes with green fees so might as well take it. And Usually big heat I may ride but my friend who I played with always walks so it’s just good company to walk together. I’m probably 80/20 walker/rider.   

Getting out a lot, nice. My friend and I are thinking Bethpage Black Monday, if we are feeling adventurous. Partying starts tomorrow so we’ll see if we’re up standing on Monday morning to attack such a course.

Did you end up playing the black? It's on my to-do list this summer with my son, as long as he gets some consistency. Working on it with him.  

Played Crump with him on Monday. $25 for both of us with a cart, sweet. Played 18 at my home course yesterday with the first 9 as part of my league. (It was a 3 club format, which I love). Didn't win anything though, but I did find a $20 bill in some leaves next to a cart path so that was a bonus I guess.

Haven't broken 40 in 2 weeks. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

Did you end up playing the black? It's on my to-do list this summer with my son, as long as he gets some consistency. Working on it with him.  

Played Crump with him on Monday. $25 for both of us with a cart, sweet. Played 18 at my home course yesterday with the first 9 as part of my league. (It was a 3 club format, which I love). Didn't win anything though, but I did find a $20 bill in some leaves next to a cart path so that was a bonus I guess.

Haven't broken 40 in 2 weeks. Ugh.

We did not play Bethpage Black. We’ll do it at some point later this summer. My friends played it twice, says it’s worth every penny to experience it. 

That’s awesome you get to play with your kid. A perfect sport/game to do so. Who’s better? I hope I can share it with one of mine when they get older.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:41 AM, amarshall said:

Played Pine Hills Jones yesterday.  The no raking of bunkers of which there's 9 million there is ridiculous 

Course was in excellent condition other wise. 

Love pine hills, both courses 

37 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Playing west Bridgewater country club tomorrow morning, formerly known as riverbend 

The first tee shot is diabolical seeing as you’ve just rolled out of your car, stiff as hell and haven’t hit a ball. Can’t go right or left. Better off putting it down fairway.

We did not play Bethpage Black. We’ll do it at some point later this summer. My friends played it twice, says it’s worth every penny to experience it. 
That’s awesome you get to play with your kid. A perfect sport/game to do so. Who’s better? I hope I can share it with one of mine when they get older.
Who's better? Lol. I still kick his ass daily. We're about even on club distances, but he lacks the smart decision making and short game skills. Those will come with time, experience, and maturity so I'm certain sometime soon he'll be killing me.

• Haha 1