Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

13 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I can carry 300 on my best ...this is Almost exclusive to driving range where I really get a good hip rotation and accelerate my hips thru ball. My friend took a cool slow mo vid of my swing on one of those drives and I was somewhat lucky it went straight.

I also love to do the sort of of one step Happy Gilmore / David Ortiz like Home run swing at the range , it’s just fun lol

DD891DC5-DEF2-44B3-84D2-A919193897F3.png

You’re hitting from the wrong side ^_^. Pretty special to be able to spot the ball after that take away.:clap:

On June 23, 2020 at 7:03 PM, StormSurge said:

Squeezed 9 in with the fog. I didn’t lose a ball! Small victories. 

73E47E6B-CD13-49E3-B103-1C992896F81B.jpeg

That hole is a treasure. Between the ocean and the pit, it's also claimed more balls than all the others combined. Course looks to be in good shape. Not nearly as burnt out as I would've guessed given the dry conditions recently. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 11:59 AM, Chrisrotary12 said:

Finally have my first two tee times of the year. Thursday at Overlook in Hollis, NH and Saturday at DW in Brockton, MA.

Gonna have to find a driving range before Thursday.  I'll take anything under 85 on Thursday and 80 on Saturday.

Shot 84 yesterday. Spent the first 14 holes hitting it all over the place and consistently like 1/4" thin.  Finished birdie, par, par, par. Though. So that was nice.

• Like 1

New bats, for 2 years my wife has been asking what I want for bday Xmas, I told her don’t get me anything I am going to buy new clubs, finally pulled the trigger. 

got fitted by titleist fitter at local club. Well worth it.

A0C1D8E5-5E50-47FD-9D55-D481B8A5CBB2.thumb.jpeg.025b928ddd9ad0a8dd4c34fc6e0b7671.jpegEFC57A98-0EA8-4CC9-97DE-4B5FFB9F8648.thumb.jpeg.ec95e371677bfcff4cd2a2e942da015d.jpeg

• Like 3

Montaup CC  in Portsmouth RI Tuesday and Thursday, league play. 39 / 42 from the tips Tuesday, played a money match against a 2 index Thursday, was pressing and shot 47  / 48 .

Meadow brook CC  Richmond RI today 40/44

Played Crumpin Fox. Wish  i hadn’t. Had a stretch of 5 pars in a row on the back but other than that, it was a struggle. 47/43. 
It's a nice track. My son works there, his discounts are nice as it's way too rich for my blood...

I basically live right across there street from the course. Lol I never have to buy any balls.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

It's a nice track. My son works there, his discounts are nice as it's way too rich for my blood...

I basically live right across there street from the course. Lol I never have to buy any balls.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

It was only $42 to walk it on a weekend. I’ll make the 1.5hr drive for that anytime for a great track and getting the round in at 4hrs. If you find Callaways, just thank me...I sprayed several of them OB.

I’m not a Bryson guy but apparently he drank tons of protein shakes every day during the shutdown which he says has attributed to his big power gains. I think he’s doing PE’s but who am I to judge as I take SARMS myself, ha. 

So if you want to increase your power...drink like 10 protein shakes a day. That and/or start taking SARMS.

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not a Bryson guy but apparently he drank tons of protein shakes every day during the shutdown which he says has attributed to his big power gains. I think he’s doing PE’s but who am I to judge as I take SARMS myself, ha. 

So if you want to increase your power...drink like 10 protein shakes a day. That and/or start taking SARMS.

I have started to dislike him more and more.  I'm not sure why

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Is it swing or character related? 

I'd say character related.  The thing is, there are tons of obnoxious jerks on the Tour.  In fact, you could argue that you need to be pretty self -centered to make it there to begin with.  It just seems like he is a notch above the the average jerk.

8 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I'd say character related.  The thing is, there are tons of obnoxious jerks on the Tour.  In fact, you could argue that you need to be pretty self -centered to make it there to begin with.  It just seems like he is a notch above the the average jerk.

I agree. He does strike me to be almost Reed like though Reed is the cream of dikhead crop. I like guys like Ricky Fowler, Bubba, and even Rory I hear is a cool dude. He comes on with the guys on Me and My Golf youtube channel for pointers and strikes me as pretty down to earth even if you have to be cocky to be that successful. There are others but you can generally tell from their mannerisms on the course and how they respond to fans. One of my biggest indicators is when fans (especially kids) reach out for high fives or fist bumps and how a golfer responds. Show a little humility and appreciation and I’ll support you. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I agree. He does strike me to be almost Reed like though Reed is the cream of dikhead crop. I like guys like Ricky Fowler, Bubba, and even Rory I hear is a cool dude. He comes on with the guys on Me and My Golf youtube channel for pointers and strikes me as pretty down to earth even if you have to be cocky to be that successful. There are others but you can generally tell from their mannerisms on the course and how they respond to fans. One of my biggest indicators is when fans (especially kids) reach out for high fives or fist bumps and how a golfer responds. Show a little humility and appreciation and I’ll support you. 

Pretty much the same with me.  Reed is the other current guy I don't like.  I've never had an issue with Ian Poulter though many don't like him.  Back in the day I never had a problem with Nick Faldo and like him as an announcer.  I never cared for Vijay Singh either.

9 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Playing sandwhich hollows tomorrow morning. 50 bucks with a cart 

Getting out a lot, nice. My friend and I are thinking Bethpage Black Monday, if we are feeling adventurous. Partying starts tomorrow so we’ll see if we’re up standing on Monday morning to attack such a course.