• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Played with some buddies from mass at Swansea CC yesterday. Was pretty dried out which , which is unusual there this time of year. Looks like mass guys will be able to play in RI June 1. Can get our league started, as a bunch of mass guys are members at the club we play at, sucks for them not being able to play and paying for a membership.

17 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Ahhh, Chemawa.  I used to play there almost weekly when I was in my teens and early 20s.  Was a tight course but well manicured.  We would show up at 630-7am

Very well manicured for sure. The only downside which you mention is it’s kind of a small course and you are right on top of other holes at times. Kind of opens up a bit on the back 9 though.

89 for me this morning. Made $7 or $8 so it was a good day. The guys I play with are slow though. Luckily it wasn’t busy so we only had to let a twosome play through but it drives me nuts. I like these guys and have fun with them but they are slow.  At least when the course is busy the pick up the pace some but 5 hour rounds drive me nuts. 

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I missed the event...does Barkley still have the worst swing in the world? Not sure he can rag on anyone’s golf game.

He did a charity hole that they aired after the event where he had to get a bogey or better for a 100k donation.  His swing was not that brutal start/stop crap he’s been known for.  He ended up with like. 10’ putt for bogey that just missed.

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I missed the event...does Barkley still have the worst swing in the world? Not sure he can rag on anyone’s golf game.

His swing didn’t have That  disaster mid swing stop/hitch , but his drive off the T with a shorter more compact swing was a utter disaster on that hole 

The 9 in New market were a blast ..we played best ball and just had fun. A few of my drives cleared 300. In a best ball I’m useful off the T , otherwise hit and miss ..depending on competition level. 

There was a tournament I played in couple years ago in that area (I got the longest drive and not much else lol) , the driving range went to 250 and then there was a big net behind that ..and behind that was a small parking lot followed by a police station w what sounded like a tin roof (when hit )  . That was a blast .

Definitely going out again soon to play another Round. 

Golf may just turn out to be the most popular sport this summer 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I know Moosup where Ginx lives is in eastern Connecticut so I just mapped that was a point. Moosup is an hour and 5 minutes from me @RUNNAWAYICEBERG

It’s 1hr30min for me so that’s good enough. Like Steve says, Thompson has a nice course plus another private one that @powderfreak mentioned a couple weeks back that are offering tee times to the public now. 

Whatever works. 

Played Ct national a number of times, nice track, heard good things about raceway, but Think ct national is a better layout. Fox hop yard in east haddam is nice as well but a little further out for SEMA guys.

i’d do CT national if timing worked 

11 minutes ago, S&P said:

Played Ct national a number of times, nice track, heard good things about raceway, but Think ct national is a better layout. Fox hop yard in east haddam is nice as well but a little further out for SEMA guys.

i’d do CT national if timing worked 

I love Fox Hop. I have off Thur and Fri next week. Fri looks like the better day so if anyone is down to play just let me know by Tuesday so I can book it on GolfNow. Otherwise, I’ll head up to Winton Hills in Bloomfield instead, shorter drive if playing solo.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Played for the first time this season two days ago at a local 9-hole track not far from the MVL ASOS, lol.  Wasn’t too pretty, bogey golf but it was first time out.  

I haven’t been to the farm in quite a few years. I always liked the last 3 holes. That course was designed by Geoffrey Cornish, who also designed the Killington Mt course. My understanding is that it was originally supposed to be an 18 hole course. 

On 5/28/2020 at 10:22 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I love Fox Hop. I have off Thur and Fri next week. Fri looks like the better day so if anyone is down to play just let me know by Tuesday so I can book it on GolfNow. Otherwise, I’ll head up to Winton Hills in Bloomfield instead, shorter drive if playing solo.

Thursday’s don’t work for me, league day. Next week won’t work, but with a little more lead time I have some friends here who would be up to play fox hop yard during the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Played Maplegate(Bellingham) and Poquay Brook(Lakeville) the last couple weekends.  Both were pretty good, Maplegate greens were lightning fast.  

Anyone here played Heritage country club in Carlton, MA?  I've been doing some big drives to play with college friends it's a bit closer than the other two we played.