• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Peter Kostis interview on NLU podcast is worth the listen , says he caught Reed Cheating at least 4 times. Always thought it was curious when you would see him continually  ground his club or clubs behind then ball when he has a dicey lie in the rough. Dudes a scumbag, can’t root for him.

29 minutes ago, S&P said:

Peter Kostis interview on NLU podcast is worth the listen , says he caught Reed Cheating at least 4 times. Always thought it was curious when you would see him continually  ground his club or clubs behind then ball when he has a dicey lie in the rough. Dudes a scumbag, can’t root for him.

Read that. I’ve never cared for Reed and that just cements it. 

On 2/3/2020 at 4:19 PM, Chrisrotary12 said:

Love it. Kiss this sorry excuse for Winter goodbye and move on to golf season.  We keep this pattern up, maybe the course will be open in March down south. Hoping to get out a couple more times this year than last (~10).  Hoping to keep my strides with the putter going from last year. Would really like to get to a 2 handicap. Not that I have one officially, but probably around a 6. A new set of sticks (mine are now 7 years old) and playing more often should do it.

On the topic of equipment, I was at the local golf store towards the end of last season. I was complaining to the guy that I hit the ball too high and I'm losing distance. He stuck me in one of those TrackMan machines. My spin rate was absurd, like 8,000 rpms with my 7-iron (tour average is ~6,500).  Guy handed me a 2019 7-iron and my rpms dropped to 6,800. The new technology is insane. 

Now what to do to convince the wife a new set of sticks is ok. lol

I keep hammering the idea of a new set for birthday/Father's Day/Christmas. 

I can't complain though because this year is a trip to Nebraska to play Dismal River and maybe Sandhills if we can get lucky.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I keep hammering the idea of a new set for birthday/Father's Day/Christmas. 

I can't complain though because this year is a trip to Nebraska to play Dismal River and maybe Sandhills if we can get lucky.

I have been saying the same for years after playing AP1 710s for about a decade. Gonna pull the trigger this year , I am a titleist guy. Will demo the T200 and 300 outside once the weather improves enough to be outside. Don’t want to get fit indoors, need to see the ball flight before I purchase.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:40 PM, mreaves said:

Read that. I’ve never cared for Reed and that just cements it. 

Can’t stand douches. All the stories about him are negative and the golfing world is typically positive, they aren’t TMZ, so you have to be a pretty bad guy as a result. I wish he hadn’t won a major, the Masters at that. Dude doesn’t deserve it.

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Can’t stand douches. All the stories about him are negative and the golfing world is typically positive, they aren’t TMZ, so you have to be a pretty bad guy as a result. I wish he hadn’t won a major, the Masters at that. Dude doesn’t deserve it.

I was out yesterday so I couldn't watch the tournament live.  I was going to watch it on replay but as soon I heard he won I decided not to.

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The Honda Classic is always challenging so I’m surprised at the underwhelming field. Still a good tourney but no Rory, DJ, Day, etc.

Starting to get the itch though.

On the heels of the WGC and the one that Tiger is hosting at Riviera. A lot of these guys don’t do 3 in a row anymore. 

On 2/25/2020 at 2:23 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The Honda Classic is always challenging so I’m surprised at the underwhelming field. Still a good tourney but no Rory, DJ, Day, etc.

Starting to get the itch though.

Bad spot, sandwiched between WGC and bay hill , sawgrass. The new schedule killed it.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve gotta get out and play myself. I usually don’t play this early but these are unusual times. 

Have the courses been packed?

I went last weekend and it wasn’t bad at all, had a 1pm tee time.

Courses are taking a lot of precautions. Staggering tee times, sanitizing carts, removing bunker rakes, asking that you do not remove the flag, no ball washers, etc etc.

In theory, golf should be something you CAN do during these times. Open air, far apart, small groups. Kind of checks all the boxes 

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Courses are taking a lot of precautions. Staggering tee times, sanitizing carts, removing bunker rakes, asking that you do not remove the flag, no ball washers, etc etc.

In theory, golf should be something you CAN do during these times. Open air, far apart, small groups. Kind of checks all the boxes 

I saw someone suggest greenskeepers cut holes shallower and leave cups sticking an inch out of the hole. That way flags don’t have to be removed and you don’t have to reach into the cup. 

19 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I saw someone suggest greenskeepers cut holes shallower and leave cups sticking an inch out of the hole. That way flags don’t have to be removed and you don’t have to reach into the cup. 

Yup... the place I’m going to next weekend is doing that. 

I actually spoke to the owner and he said he is doing everything possible to follow all guidelines so he can stay open and provide people a safe outlet during these times. I could t agree more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yes it does check all the boxes which is why I’m thinking every golf fan will be out playing...especially if it warms and dries while still in ‘lockdown’. The best escape just got even better.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:04 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes it does check all the boxes which is why I’m thinking every golf fan will be out playing...especially if it warms and dries while still in ‘lockdown’. The best escape just got even better.

Course I was scheduled at this weekend is closed for the foreseeable future. Now I try to get my money back from golfnow

11 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Golf season cancel?

Not here yet, some are members only because clubhouses are closed. But most are doing things like removing rakes, elevating cups walking only, if you practice social distancing, it’s a good way to get some exercise.

14 minutes ago, S&P said:

Not here yet, some are members only because clubhouses are closed. But most are doing things like removing rakes, elevating cups walking only, if you practice social distancing, it’s a good way to get some exercise.

I just checked, some course are open around here but now we face crappy weather upcoming. Just can’t win.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish we had a masters final today, not sure how I feel about a fall masters competing against football. best thing about golf is it fills spring and summer.

anyone see 2004 replay with Phil/Nantz  voiceover, didn’t know about it, heard it was pretty good. Wonder if tiger will do same today?