Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 4th-7th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

10 minutes ago, geddyweather said:

Quite a lot of sleet on the ground here. Kinda depressing tbh. Main snow bands missed to the north by 20 miles or so, best FZRA is to my south. Got the cursed end of warm tongue. :bag:

There hasn't been any winter weather at all along and south of I-70 since December 17th.  Consider yourself lucky to be getting sleet.

14 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

0z HRRR is about as good as it gets on this side of the lake, for lake effect snow duration/quality.

Obviously a bit of synoptic snow in the totals below, but most of it is LES. Also, LES is still ongoing, with a re-newed push incoming at the end of the run.

Sweet setup for those that get lucky. Now if that purple moved about 30 miles NW I’d be happy but with this winter I would just be happy to get a fresh coat of white. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

0z HRRR is about as good as it gets on this side of the lake, for lake effect snow duration/quality.

Obviously a bit of synoptic snow in the totals below, but most of it is LES. Also, LES is still ongoing, with a re-newed push incoming at the end of the run.

if only....

1 minute ago, Maneee said:

Do you think that’ll be another big bust? 

I'm probably the last guy to ask. But trusting a short term model that suddenly pulled that type of swing on a lake event is far from certain, I'm hoping to get 2-3" out of this whole event.