Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 4th-7th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

42 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I highly doubt 6", but it would be incredible to have a 3rd 6"+ storm in this winter.

34 minutes ago, AWMT30 said:

Idk man HRRR really trying to out down 3+ before 7am with the snow ending around 10 looking at the sim radar 

Flakes could be just sugar-sand variety ice crystals, thus divide maps in half. Not a forecast, but a concern mentioned by GRR yesterday. That combined with long duration could be the reason to hesitate on a WWA. Hoping for solid last-minute trends for once myself. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Thinking this is more of a 3-5" locally vs the original thought of 4-7". Wouldn't shock me if someone ended up close to 6 but I think we stay just a bit under that.

This has been a bad winter "feeling" wise but I bet when everything is calculated at the end of April it ends up being a slightly warmer winter with average to slightly above average snowfall. People looking at records 50+ years from now will just see an average winter for 2019-2020

Toronto is looking at 3-6" and after the 2.5" on Sunday that will mean already 5-8" of snow has fallen by February 7th 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Think IWX should be good.  I'm gonna be walking the 850 like a Walenda.  Like literally a few miles north or south of me could mean the difference between 1-2 of crap or 3-6.  I'm used to that just not in February.   I'll do a D1 call, as thats all you can do in my climo this year, 2" of every frozen type precip except ZR and pray I bust low lol.:weenie:

Edit:  Forgot I made an earlier call of 5.  What was I drinking? :huh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Think IWX should be good.  I'm gonna be walking the 850 like a Walenda.  Like literally a few miles north or south of me could mean the difference between 1-2 of crap or 3-6.  I'm used to that just not in February.   I'll do a D1 call, as thats all you can do in my climo this year, 2" of every frozen type precip except ZR and pray I bust low lol.:weenie:

Feb, is always sleet and freezing rain in my climo book around the I-70 corridor with an occasional good snowstorm thrown in for good measure at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

27 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

Feb, is always sleet and freezing rain in my climo book around the I-70 corridor with an occasional good snowstorm thrown in for good measure at times.

Jackstraw, I was thinking that you and I would be in the same boat as far as precip type, but just checked out the HRRR and :yikes: to you and Indystorm.  That said, even we are walking that tightrope up here. I have no doubt that sleet will cut into our totals.

comparison 2.png

• Like 1

Just now, StormChaser4Life said:

Models have handled this horribly. This moved through incredibly fast and there really isn't anything filling in behind it

Light precip is expected to fill in this evening and tonight.

That initial push of precip was always going to provide to most organized/heavier snows.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Light precip is expected to fill in this evening and tonight.

That initial push of precip was always going to provide to most organized/heavier snows.

It definitely was intense. Just didn't last long at all. It was racing. But a nice few hours of snow globe effect 

• Like 1