Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 4th-7th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

5 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Atleast we got ensemble support. Tomorrow's runs will be key if the eastward trends continue or we slowly slip back further west. 

I will be honest, I have lost all faith in models and ensembles at this point. They're fun to look at but nothing more, from a detail perspective, until the event is almost here. Imo regardless of what they show tomorrow, I still would not consider that the key run date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

I will be honest, I have lost all faith in models and ensembles at this point. They're fun to look at but nothing more, from a detail perspective, until the event is almost here. Imo regardless of what they show tomorrow, I still would not consider that the key run date.

I look at trends on the models more than specific amounts or temperature gradients. Since yesterday all models have shifted east of the Apps. The key now is if this continues or things shift back in our favor. However, I do agree with what you said. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

As it stands right now, all the models expect UKIE are too far east for any respectable snow in the GTA. 

That EURO snowfall accum map posted on the other page looked pretty decent, even though it cutoff just to our west.

ICON also a nice hit and it handled last weekend's storm perfectly.

Notwithstanding today's trends, I think a warm/wet solution is not inconceivable.

1 hour ago, LansingWeather said:

Glad i'm going back to summer...Stayed here too log because I thought it would turn around lol. Leaving for PR on the 9th, cant wait.

Hoping to get down there again this fall.  Been down there 3 times in the last 25 years.  My paternal grandfather was born and raised in the Aguas Buenas area before going to IU to become a dentist and serving in WWII as a medical officer in the European theater.  He retired back to PR the mid 70's offering free dental to the people where he grew up.  I was fortunate enough to go there 25 years ago prior to his passing and meet an extended family and what an absolutely beautiful part of the Island Aguas Buenas is.  True to it's name it's one of the best places I've ever traveled to.  My brother and I are trying to plan a trip again this coming fall to see some of our half brothers and sisters and their family's again as we are the eldest grandchildren and life is flying by.  I remember my grandfather telling me one of the biggest things he missed about the US besides his  US family was snow.  He said he was 18 when he experienced his first snow in Bloomington and his classmates thought he was crazy because he sat outside all night as it fell having never seen it before lol.  I wish more Americans would travel there, it truly is a beautiful island and the people, the food and culture there are amazing.  Sorry for off topic.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Hoping to get down there again this fall.  Been down there 3 times in the last 25 years.  My paternal grandfather was born and raised in the Aguas Buenas area before going to IU to become a dentist and serving in WWII as a medical officer in the European theater.  He retired back to PR the mid 70's offering free dental to the people where he grew up.  I was fortunate enough to go there 25 years ago prior to his passing and meet an extended family and what an absolutely beautiful part of the Island Aguas Buenas is.  True to it's name it's one of the best places I've ever traveled to.  My brother and I are trying to plan a trip again this coming fall to see some of our half brothers and sisters and their family's again as we are the eldest grandchildren and life is flying by.  I remember my grandfather telling me one of the biggest things he missed about the US besides his  US family was snow.  He said he was 18 when he experienced his first snow in Bloomington and his classmates thought he was crazy because he sat outside all night as it fell having never seen it before lol.  I wish more Americans would travel there, it truly is a beautiful island and the people, the food and culture there are amazing.  Sorry for off topic.

Aguas buenas is awesome! (so is the whole island!) but the weather is rather boring for me. thats what I hate most about it

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

Coming on 50F soils tho, it'll be more like an April event. Tough "open" winter around the Lwr Lakes. 

Uh????????????????? No?

How do you even say crap like that? It was warm today but will cool off in N OH and around here, then tomorrow highs in the low 40s. The soils are going to be mid 30s, tops.

18 minutes ago, LansingWeather said:

Uh????????????????? No?

How do you even say crap like that? It was warm today but will cool off in N OH and around here, then tomorrow highs in the low 40s. The soils are going to be mid 30s, tops.

Top 1/2" will cool down ofc. Going off somebody's post from down that way saying he has 49F soil temps currently. Not like it's going down below zero prior to the incoming snow.