• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 4th-7th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

So... Mon night-Tue morning is dead and gone. Tue night-Wed morning is trending towards DOA. Wed evening-Thur morning looks good for somewhere in the area. Thur is the final potential wave, but may or may not occur, depending on how the trough and ejection evolves.

Cluster**** as expected.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago Storm said:

So... Mon night-Tue morning is dead and gone. Tue night-Wed morning is trending towards DOA. Wed evening-Thur morning looks good for somewhere in the area. Thur is the final potential wave, but may or may not occur, depending on how the trough and ejection evolves.

Cluster**** as expected.

Yep. Very frustrating. 

12 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Cluster**** as expected.

Pretty much the story of winter 2019-2020. Seems like the trend this winter is to look good in the long range then slowly fall apart as we get closer. Hoping we can get at least one decent wave out of this

19 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Cluster**** as expected.

Amazing all this money spent in "improving" models and this is the garbage we get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Cluster**** as expected.

In other words, something will happen at some point somewhere.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Cluster**** as expected.

Basically the GFS shouldnt run out further than the UKMET of 144hrs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Pretty much the story of winter 2019-2020. Seems like the trend this winter is to look good in the long range then slowly fall apart as we get closer. Hoping we can get at least one decent wave out of this

I do think we get at least one decent wave out of it, the story of the Winter has been joke of models in the long range, but honestly we have had quite a few juiced up storms in the region, and this includes both rain and snow. Now, when, where, how much? Don't even think of that for quite a few days lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Still too far away for detailed discussion in my book. As I said the other day, I like the active look on the models, but no sense in stressing about details this far out. If anything, props to our sub as one of the most level headed of this forum. Reading some of the other sub forums and their run to run emotions is just over the top.  Get me fresh snow and I'll be happy lol, I don't care how much. I've already had 2 decent storms, a little bit of middle ground would be just fine, so you can bet that if this storm turns in to be a strung out mess but I still get a few inches, I will be happy. Of course, the more the better, but im not the all or nothing type

Agree 100%

As someone said, the new and improved models have taken all the fun out of storm tracking known in former times and wx boards. The way it is right now, might as well just have general discussion thread(s) until it's game-time, then whip out an Obs thread and call it good. Nobody (even ALEK) can feel confident of a call or even allowing self to get pumped for an event. Explains the lack of enthusiasm and posts. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

But, just for fun since, I mean, how often do you see a 972 mb Low where Uncle Ukie's flashing one? 

20200201 12z UK MSLP_h144.png

Ukie's trying to make this a rideable super LR call :weenie:

OH BBs.JPG

Shades of the phantom bomb of Feb 09.  :axe:

Would be super rare indeed.  In fact, I will ride the UKMET for the rest of my life if that verifies.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Shades of the phantom bomb of Feb 09.  :axe:

Would be super rare indeed.  In fact, I will ride the UKMET for the rest of my life if that verifies.  

That's usually a dream track for OH but snowfall amounts look really lame, only around 3-6".  Can't really tell from Pivotal's maps if it's still snowing at 144h but even if it is, tacking on another 2 or 3 inches still makes it a disappointing storm.  Don't get me wrong I would certainly take a 3"-6", 4"-8" snow (best snow I've had this season is 3"), but with a 972 mb low tracking NE through WV you would think there would be a swath of 1'-2' somewhere (at least).  It's amazing how even storms with good tracks have managed to screw most of us this season.

• Sad 1