• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 4th-7th Winter Storm Potential

Thundersnow12

The upside with this setup is probably something like the I-70 event in December, shifted north. A nice pool of near or over 200% of normal pwats on the ensemble means and tight baroclinic zone could lead to a nice event somewhere. With the mild antecedent 850 mb temps, within LOT CWA will likely once again be rain/snow battleground assuming a decent system materializes. There may even be an ice to sleet risk zone as boundary layer cooling could bleed in prior to sufficient cooling aloft for snow as primary p-type.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GEM/UKMET in their own camp, showing a deeper and slower trough, with most of the energy staying behind for a later ejection of a better/main storm system.

ECMWF is more in-between...slowly trending in that direction, but not nearly there yet.

The GFS is the polar opposite of the GEM/UKMET, showing the faster/shallow trough...eventually getting sheared a part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, King James said:

Rain/snow close to Hoosier, looks right to me. Prob a slight tick north to come to get him solidly into the rain game

To be clear, even I am not so pessimistic with this one to be expecting all rain.  ;)Cold air will be pressing, but probably not in time to prevent some rain/ice around here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

GEM/UKMET in their own camp, showing a deeper and slower trough, with most of the energy staying behind for a later ejection of a better/main storm system.

ECMWF is more in-between...slowly trending in that direction, but not nearly there yet.

The GFS is the polar opposite of the GEM/UKMET, showing the faster/shallow trough...eventually getting sheared a part.

GFS took a step, and several GEFS are now GEM-like or close to it.

• Like 1