Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-2 storm threat

ORH_wxman

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea I didn't see much of a change over the days. What do winds look like

Strong like they always are here, gusts to 40-50 kt. 

I should say doesn't look like it shuts off to me after the snow which is not ideal, could be at least another 0.5" of rain after the snow turns off to rain. That other wave develops to the south lingers the precip. 

This winter has been an absolute snooze fest in my area on the south shore of NS. Especially January, my daylilies we’re starting to come up a few weeks ago during that torch we had. Not even a crusty brown snow pile in the parking lots of stores during the heart of winter .

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, NSwx said:

This winter has been an absolute snooze fest in my area on the south shore of NS. Especially January, my daylilies we’re starting to come up a few weeks ago during that torch we had. Not even a crusty brown snow pile in the parking lots of stores during the heart of winter .

Must be  the Shag Harbour Incident all over or maybe because Shelburne County is Nova Scotia's backwater when it comes to snow, you guys always get screwed even when the rest of us do well.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

We starting to pick up a nice following in Atlantic Canada. Nice recruiting Hazy and Nick!

Yeah we have like 5-6 posters now. Might have to change the name of our subforum soon to add “Atlantic Canada” to it, lol. 

Ive always found that area interesting...I remember way back in the day some of the epic pics coming out of there in the 2000-2001 winter. It’s like they cleaned up on every storm that hit us that winter and then a few more. Sometimes we seem joined in the storm track and then other times it’s really different. 

But either way welcome to the newer posters. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah we have like 5-6 posters now. Might have to change the name of our subforum soon to add “Atlantic Canada” to it, lol. 

Ive always found that area interesting...I remember way back in the day some of the epic pics coming out of there in the 2000-2001 winter. It’s like they cleaned up on every storm that hit us that winter and then a few more. Sometimes we seem joined in the storm track and then other times it’s really different. 

But either way welcome to the newer posters. 

I remember those days well, I was just starting to high school.  The year we had white Juan was epic to say the least.