Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2020 Discussion

IWXwx

10 hours ago, Chinook said:

This doesn't really have a lot to do with North American weather, but this is about 2 mb away from breaking the non-hurricane pressure record for the Atlantic. (This should happen tomorrow.)

UjCHLAJ.png

Makes me wonder if it could even be deeper if it wasn't for that other low Fuji'ing around. I bet that flights from Miami to London flights are taking record less time with that 240 mph jet.

HRRR builds enough cape (200-400J/kg) to fire off some thunderstorms over the east half of IA into western IL tomorrow afternoon/eve.  Temps are about 10 degrees warmer than other guidance shows, so chances of that happening are very low.  If the HRRR were somehow right there would actually be a low-end risk for severe out in that area given decent shear profiles.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

19 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

HRRR builds enough cape (200-400J/kg) to fire off some thunderstorms over the east half of IA into western IL tomorrow afternoon/eve.  Temps are about 10 degrees warmer than other guidance shows, so chances of that happening are very low.  If the HRRR were somehow right there would actually be a low-end risk for severe out in that area given decent shear profiles.

As expected the HRRR from yesterday was way too warm that far north.  If we could have had slightly better WAA today ahead of the front this could have been a nice little thunder event at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

madwx's post piqued my interest in the deepest seasonal depths here. I began keeping CoCoRaHS measurements in 2006 in Huntington. Note: They are rounded to the nearest one half inch and depth readings are taken at 7 AM, so maybe not exact, but close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.

This winter seems to be mirroring 2015-'16 for suckage. In fact, it has been suckage for snow depth ever since then when you consider that we have had only 2 days when there was 6" or more on the ground. (6" on 2/6/18 and 7" on 1/20/19. Depths dropped under 6" on the following days).  Two days in 5 years!!

Of course we can't throw 2014-'15 under the same bus because I'm sure you all remember that winter. Here, we had 57 days with at least an inch of snow on the ground. :wub:

image.png.8103f017ae18568500faa632157225fb.png

On 2/19/2020 at 9:50 PM, weatherbo said:

-5 out tonight but feels colder for some reason.  Cleared the drive today, looks like 7" or so of snow fell the past couple days...winter kinda showing it's age a little.  Days def feel brighter.

Anywhere between 4-7" of snow fell while i was up in munising. Just awesome scenes

86773246_10112793631636463_8890415099643

• Like 4