• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2020 Discussion

IWXwx

Maybe I need to start a thread to break us out of this slump. 

According to the Euro, a torch will highlight the first few days of the month and it hints at a cool down by late next week.  This cool down will be accompanied by a rainer and a back wash DAB+ for Alek/ORD per the amazing GFS.  However, at this point it appears to be only a glancing blow of cold.  Some mets, including OHweather, have posted cautious optimism for a return to more normal February weather by mid-month.  I am also in his camp of "I'll believe it when I see it."

610temp.new.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Truth

Dec19TDeptUS.thumb.png.082a4eff77df9fa8410216d2d8e20b43.png

MonthTDeptUS.thumb.png.48efabb100627191bfbc2c34f7cb6cb4.png

With the abnormally cold November, if we were to have an abnormally mild February and cold March, that would be a rather rare streak of 5 consecutive months where the mean temperature was quite steady. Not saying that will happen, I do think February ends up on the colder side, just would be interesting. 

5 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Does November not count?  Snowfall counts so temps should too.  If so, I'll be surprised if Feb out does Nov in cold relative to averages.

I meant actual temperature, not departure.  November averages over 13゚ warmer than February. If you are strictly going by departure, then yes, November would likely be the coldest relative to average.

Tuesday, February 11th is my birthday. I will not check this forum, or any weather site, until the Friday before. If it doesn't snow at least as much as is depicted right now, I will be dissapointed for the entirety of ten seconds before resuming my usual weather-obsessing schedule. 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

It's only a matter of time until you get dumped on while we sit under an empty cirrostratus canopy lol.  :P

I know it will turn at some point.  If anything, I may average a little more snow then you do but we are similar at the very least.  Been quite a gradient since last winter though.  I remember you having some lean times prior to last winter.

map_btd.png.249220e329c3d8979fb4e9ffed439784.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I know it will turn at some point.  If anything, I may average a little more snow then you do but we are similar at the very least.  Been quite a gradient since last winter though.  I remember you having some lean times prior to last winter.

map_btd.png.249220e329c3d8979fb4e9ffed439784.png

Yeah last winter was one of my all-time favorites.  Everything seemed to over-perform, and of course we had the all-time record cold.  Had a 6 week down period, but other than that it was fantastic. 

The winter before that we had that awesome late March event that dumped over 10" here, while areas a county to the north got squat.  

Unless the snow completely shuts off we should end up close to average this winter.  The only frustrating thing about this winter is the lack of daytime snows, but that's just being a bit picky.  Also, no warning criteria events, but it's hard to complain about that when folks off to the east are having a horrific winter.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

After a somewhat unexpected 0.6" of snow last night, temperature has soared to 50゚ with blue skies. This is the 1st time I have seen any blue sky since January 21st.  Only snow piles remain.

I've seen the Sun maybe twice in the last 2-3 weeks. Garbage. 

• Sad 1