• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There was a high peak called big slide. We were the only ones on the entire trail. On the way down you can slide all the way down, literally one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life.

https://imgur.com/a/BThJPhr

Ok that was damn cool! Way to break the land speed record Clark!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There was a high peak called big slide. We were the only ones on the entire trail. On the way down you can slide all the way down, literally one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life.

https://imgur.com/a/BThJPhr

Hahaha! Super cool! Enjoy your youth man, I was thinking how dangerous that was. Which is a stupid thing to worry about. 
I love your friends reaction at the end! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Ukmet with some decent synoptic snow over WNY , heck of a nice lake effect band as well, especially considering it's at 10-1...By tomorrow evening we should start getting into SR guidance time..

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-02-24T115713.263.png

There will be a CCB band forming and where that forms will dictate where the heaviest axis of snow occurs. I am very interested in this . Most models are cold for upstate now! I am talking about the synoptic system! That is where my interest are. Obviously my area gets zero lake effect 

• Like 1

I did not like that Euro run! We need something more like what the CMC(GDPS) or the NAM is showing. The NAM has this sneaky tendency to fish things out and end up being correct in its rather ominous LR! I have a funny feeling we end up with a NAM/NAVY type solution more southern and eastern developing SLPS

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I have been waiting a while for something like this in the short range..lol

Winds do go WNW all day Saturday and NW all day Sunday fwiw..

Surface temps are between 20°-25° the entire event with 850mb temps between-15c and-18c , so for once not a marginal event lol

Screenshot_20200224-143430.png

Classic Tug set up. The stuff that would just destroy a south shore event only serves to aid them. I mean THOSE WINDS!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah those winds scare me a little lol Usually I would think more of an upslope component but models insist on a single band structure, which is what I obviously need lol So we'll see, I'm always secretly waiting for something to go wrong..lol

Best look in awhile for you, the best looks just north of you, but too close to call.

• Like 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Some really nice members in here. 

Keep in mind gefs had had an extreme cold bias this year so hopefully we can get some more OP models onboard, surprises definitely possible. 

GEFSNE_prec_snens_090 (1).png

Looking at this, one would think Roc is nearly a lock. I’m currently expecting VERY little. But it’s a fun one to watch for sure! A couple of those are BIG HITS. Lol

• Like 1

Mentioning a bit of synoptic accumulation as well..

A strong low pressure system is expected to move across the eastern
Great Lakes Wednesday night, then stall over southern Quebec Thursday
through Saturday. Rain Wednesday and Wednesday evening will change to
wet snow later Wednesday night, with some accumulation possible.
Precipitation may be wet snow for much of the time across the higher
terrain of the Tug Hill Plateau and western foothills of the
Adirondacks, with moderate to heavy accumulations possible.