• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

It's comical that all night we will have a Westerly flow but not enough cold/moisture until the flow turns wnw.. Regional Canadian is the only guidance with a decent band overnight..

I thought I started to develop Matt"itis" but I'm starting to think he inherited my Wolfie"itis"..

We are single handedly bringing down the annual Snowfall for the eastern Ontario region..

The 2years before I moved here Pulaski had around 10-12 double digit events, last 2 years would be lucky to have one lol

2016-2017 alone they had 4 straight double digit events with a Max of near 50"..

I'm chalking it up to bad luck for now, unless it happens one more year lol Then I'm selling my house and moving to the tug. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

It's comical that all night we will have a Westerly flow but not enough cold/moisture until the flow turns wnw.. Regional Canadian is the only guidance with a decent band overnight..

I thought I started to develop Matt"itis" but I'm starting to think he inherited my Wolfie"itis"..

We are single handedly bringing down the annual Snowfall for the eastern Ontario region..

The 2years before I moved here Pulaski had around 10-12 double digit events, last 2 years would be lucky to have one lol

2016-2017 alone they had 4 straight double digit events with a Max of near 50"..

I'm chalking it up to bad luck for now, unless it happens one more year lol Then I'm selling my house and moving to the tug. 

Define this "Matt'itis'"

lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Hang tough!!!  It is a great area to experience winter's love!!  Lived up in Parish my whole life....and we had our share of "down" years....but seeing 7+"/hr. and many 40+" events is well worth the few years that are "down".

• Thanks 1

KBGM not biting on the WSW's...as far as I can see. Smart move. LES too fickle. Just pencil in 1-4".  

On a side note I saw Channel 9's 6pm foecast (Teske)...3-6" band with locally 10"...in a NW to SE band from Oswego thru Syracuse and SE. So basically, you may get 3" or you may get 10". Might as well forecast that its may snow and pop open a beer.

• Haha 1

Just now, Syrmax said:

KBGM not biting on the WSW's...as far as I can see. Smart move. LES too fickle. Just pencil in 1-4".  

On a side note I saw Channel 9's 6pm foecast (Teske)...3-6" band with locally 10"...in a NW to SE band from Oswego thru Syracuse and SE. So basically, you may get 3" or you may get 10". Might as well forecast that its may snow and pop open a beer.

How much of today's snowfall have you melted off up there?

Best chance for some accumulating snow here may be early Friday morning as winds back Westerly before dissipating, both rgem and gfs show this with very light winds (5-9mph) , those light wind events can be sneaky good..I guess it's something for me to watch for, until then :sleepy:Gl to you fellas down there, your gonna need it lol

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Cato special. Brings back memories of growing up in Weedsport and driving about 3 miles north on Rt 34 to hit the snow. 

Edit...this was back in the day when local forecasts from the likes of Wayne Mahar were divided between “north and south of the thruway”. As in, “6-12” likely north of the thruway, trace to an inch south of the thruway.” Accuracy has improved just a bit since then... Of course, growing up about 1 mile south of the thruway those forecasts were always devastating. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Edit...this was back in the day when local forecasts from the likes of Wayne Mahar were divided between “north and south of the thruway”. As in, “6-12” likely north of the thruway, trace to an inch south of the thruway.” Accuracy has improved just a bit since then... Of course, growing up about 1 mile south of the thruway those forecasts were always devastating. 

I wouldn't say forecast accuracy has improved that much since then.  

• Haha 1

I'm already getting nice rates and its not supposed to be in till tonight unless this is a primer, lol!  I had to ask for a personal snow storm and I finally got my wish, lol!  after a surprise 6.5" yesterday when I was expecting rain was great and then this surprise personal SS is wonderful.  Matt, stay in Florida cause since you and Wolfie moved to the area, it has taken a serious hit, average wise, lol!