• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

I dont know if what's falling was forecasted cause I dont follow my areas p&c's but I doubt it had this kind of deformation band, and rates forecasted because its gotta be dropping at least 2"/hr right now, easily as this last hurrah coming through should leave behind 2-4" easy, but this yr, nothing's easy, lol!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

This is why u can't trust any models lol Especially with Precipitation amounts. 

Took a while to get going here, flake size was so small u would think it's 5° out lol Once we got into some of the heavier returns, flake size increased dramatically.. About an inch so far, 27°..

snku_acc.us_ne - 2020-02-18T081011.887.png

Practically every SR model showed the exact same thing..

snku_acc.us_ne - 2020-02-18T081554.391.png

An over-achiever AND WNW lake effect snow band while I'm gone?????????

I will just sit here and wallow in my 87 degree heat down in Florida. At least the wife is happy.....lol, j/k, sort of.

I have never been in the south during the winter. It has been odd walking around in shorts knowing that there is snow up home. I also keep thinking, "Why is it getting dark so early?" because in my mind, "summer" equals light being around until 9 or 10...then I have to remember it's still "winter" down here. 70 degrees actually felt a little "chilly" during my nightly walk last night! I have seen people walking around in hoodies, and the temp was in the mid-80s! I would seriously pass out if I had a hoodie on at 86 degrees. I also find it interesting that some of the deciduous trees are in their dormancy, and just starting to flower as Florida heads into Spring. At the same time, there are trees that still have all their leaves or only lost some of them. I pondered whether that would make them coniferous or not.

Musings from a nature lover...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

At least its warm down there in FL. I was in Charleston SC for a couple days, two weeks ago.  Hideous 45 degrees and rainy.  Felt too familiar...like Syracuse this past January...

Only supposed to be 63 degrees on Friday. That's my kind of summer weather. I can't wait to take pictures of Floridians in their Parkas. :P 

19 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

An over-achiever AND WNW lake effect snow band while I'm gone?????????

I will just sit here and wallow in my 87 degree heat down in Florida. At least the wife is happy.....lol, j/k, sort of.

I have never been in the south during the winter. It has been odd walking around in shorts knowing that there is snow up home. I also keep thinking, "Why is it getting dark so early?" because in my mind, "summer" equals light being around until 9 or 10...then I have to remember it's still "winter" down here. 70 degrees actually felt a little "chilly" during my nightly walk last night! I have seen people walking around in hoodies, and the temp was in the mid-80s! I would seriously pass out if I had a hoodie on at 86 degrees. I also find it interesting that some of the deciduous trees are in their dormancy, and just starting to flower as Florida heads into Spring. At the same time, there are trees that still have all their leaves or only lost some of them. I pondered whether that would make them coniferous or not.

Musings from a nature lover...

Yeah my aunt is from Buffalo but has been down in south Florida for 10 years and wears a hoodie for anything under 70-75 degrees lol. 

There is something about palm trees, humid air, the sun, and the breeze from the ocean that lifts my spirits though. It gives me energy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah my aunt is from Buffalo but has been down in south Florida for 10 years and wears a hoodie for anything under 70-75 degrees lol. 

There is something about palm trees, humid air, the sun, and the breeze from the ocean that lifts my spirits though. It gives me energy. 

I could see how 3 of those 4 could bring one energy. But humidity? Meeeeeeeehhhhhhh

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I'm up to 4" now, LOL. This is about as good as half the systems we've had this season.

:(  At least I won't have to watch it turn into a slushy, goopy mess in a couple hours. I certainly won't feel sad missing out on that. However, if you guys get an excellent Lake effect snow band tomorrow night that I have been waiting for the past 2 winters.........................................................................................

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I could see how 3 of those 4 could bring one energy. But humidity? Meeeeeeeehhhhhhh

I love how florida I can wear shorts and tshirt at night and never even get a chill in the air. I love humidity lol. Those types of nights are rare in WNY but whenever we get them I try to go for a night walk. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

:(  At least I won't have to watch it turn into a slushy, goopy mess in a couple hours. I certainly won't feel sad missing out on that. However, if you guys get an excellent Lake effect snow band tomorrow night that I have been waiting for the past 2 winters.........................................................................................

Well the back edge is approaching, we may squeak out another half inch.  Doubtful we get a slushy mess as there is still 10+" o.g. forecast high is 42 with rain showers but there is no precip behind this to speak of. We may hit a cloudy 40 degrees for a cup of coffee but that's about it.  Not exactly balmy.

• Like 2

I am watching the snow on the Live Webcams and turned the AC way up high so it's like I am there...

Not really on the A/C...wife would wail. :P

Speaking of her, she has just arisen. Time to go for a walk around the lake and under the palms. Then take a swim and enjoy the lazy river. You jealous?

Have a great day, fellas!

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1