• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Monroe county really got skunked. Probably 2” for the entire event (and that’s generous). Snowpack actually diminished over the last few days. Imagine if BUF had pulled the trigger on warnings...
Looking ahead I don’t see anything fun for at least a week. March will be great (say it will pa, please, say it will). 

Yeah, 2 inches would be the top end of what I received in my backyard.  Saw some 12"+ totals coming in from Central Wayne county overnight. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The next 10 days look pretty lame with very little snowfall expected. 

Yeah, thinking the same after breezing through the 12Z runs.  Temps might actually come in around normal, but not seeing much in the way of snow chances either.  Hoping the sun can make a regular appearance next week if nothing good to track.  Too many gray and damp days this winter  with temps within a few degrees of 40.  Today is a nice exception.  

About 3 inches total between the "system" and small amount of lake effect. 

The 3-week rule I have for this winter would put us getting our next event right at the end of February/Beginning of March. I am basing this off of our "event" from last Friday. This week was lame, and the winter pattern I have observed would suggest the next 2 weeks will be as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

It’s crazy. How did Wayne do so well on a Northerly flow? Dang

It was coming down quite heavily from about 9pm-6am or so....1"/hr fluff. The SR models had a band sitting in the same spot for the night...seems they were right and even under-called it.

Kbuf for next week..

Cold air both at the surface and
aloft will hold longer east of Lake Ontario. Model point soundings
suggest precipitation will begin as snow, with several hours of
accumulating snow Tuesday morning prior to a change to mainly rain
in the afternoon. There may be several inches of accumulation,
especially east of I-81 and near the Saint Lawrence River where
surface temperatures will stay at or below freezing the longest.

Average splits for the first half of February were 31.6/16.7..

What's funny is I have only had below freezing max temps 3 out of the 14 days lol Yet my average high for the 2weeks is below freezing..Shows how deceiving Avg temps can be. 

Overnights have been a torch for the most part, 9 of the 14 lows in the 20's, a few negative and single digit nights have skewed the mean the other way lol

I finished the second half of January at 31/13, so the last month hasn't been terrible from an average standpoint..

7 hours ago, Revracer800 said:

You know the weather is boring when nobody has posted anything in 8hrs haha. 

Winter is basically over. It might get cold in March, but snow is pointless then other than for counting stats and being a nuisance.

• Like 1

WTF!  Just woke up to my screen door slamming against the house.  Went outside and the winds are just howling.  Checked the radar and bam!  Nice... oh wait we’re at 36*... 

Love the AFD...

Upstream radars showing a narrow swath of snow, mixed with a
bit of rain sliding toward the area. We expect to see this area
of snow(rain?) move into western New York by about midnight or
so.

95AFCB31-CD78-4178-A155-57E29723B600.gif

19 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

WRT seasonal Snowfall ksyr is doing the worst followed by kbuf.. Binghamton, Albany and Rochester are doing ok compared to average..

Screenshot_20200215-190841.png

In all honesty how can anyone from the other reporting sites not call bullshit on Rochester reporting that much more than the rest of upstate? They investigated Erie a couple years back might be time to do the same there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1