• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

53 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

What a bust! They've taken the afternoon squalls and diminished those too!!! On to spring. 

Seriously , wth happened. Went to bed, snowing good and radar looked awesome. Woke up to maybe an inch and radar looks like garbage. Biggest bust of the year if you ask me. Winter 2019-2020 absolutely blows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Amazingly, I had 1.0" snowfall and almost 0.25 melted. White rain?  It looks purty outside with snow plastered on trees and such. At least my expectations were for 3-5", not a foot!  And we have 10+" of snowcover. It could be worse.

So shortly it will get much colder and windy. So we have that going for us.

Like Syrmax I had about an inch of snow and 0.23 liquid.  I knew things were going south when the temperature jumped into the upper 30s last evening.  It slowly fell back into the mid 30s when the precipitation started as rain.  Close to the first hour of precipitation was in the form of rain or RASN which might have cost me close to an inch of snow accumulation.   Even when it flipped to all snow the temperature was 33 and accumulation was not very efficient.  

• Like 1

With this system you get 2 "bust" for the price of one..lol We will be lucky to see flurries with the CF..
Nah, we're gonna see some nice hearty squalls this afternoon through the night which is what I was excited for, from the get, was certainly not for the synoptic side. A Progressive Positively tilted trough will never produce much, unless it's a slow moving CF with overrunning out ahead, otherwise this is what you get! On to the next debacle, next weeks rainstorm is trending--->

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Nah, we're gonna see some nice hearty squalls this afternoon through the night which is what I was excited for, from the get, was certainly not for the synoptic side. A Progressive Positively tilted trough will never produce much, unless it's a slow moving CF with overrunning out ahead, otherwise this is what you get! On to the next debacle, next weeks rainstorm is trending--->

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah I was thinking 3-5" with initial wave, but that hit along PA border as it went a little bit further south then modeled. Also the ratios were just terrible Most places got .2-.4" of QPF which would usually lead to a 3-6" event. 

2020&cp=02020&cp=0

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Buffalo received 36.7" in 11/12- the lowest in centuries followed by 58.8 in 2012-13. Can't get much worse than that. 

I didnt realize that 12/13 was that bad also. I don't recall Syracuse totals but thinking it wasn't nearly that bad.

13 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I didnt realize that 12/13 was that bad also. I don't recall Syracuse totals but thinking it wasn't nearly that bad.

It wasn't that bad off Ontario, actually it was pretty good for southern Oswego, below average for the tug and surrounding areas..

Ksyr finished with 115", so slightly below average..

SeasonalSnowFall1213.png

Oswego                        
  C01 Lacona     16.3 25.2 41.6 39.5 26.6 0.0   149.2
  C03 Scriba                                      8.7 35.6 35.7 16.3 17.9 0.0   114.2
  C13 Redfield                                       22.5 44.0 45.0 I 67.0 0.0   178.5
  C15 Minetto                                         7.2 34.6 40.6 42.0 16.6 0.9   141.9
  OP Palermo                                       9.2 34.8 44.5 63.8 19.8 1.8   173.9
  C20 Fulton                                          16.3 45.3 56.2 69.8 19.3 3.0   209.9
  C26 Mexico     8.8 34.9 31.0 42.2 17.9 0.2   135.0
  OP Bennetts Bridge     21.0 26.0 53.0 71.0 44.0 0.0   215.0
  OP Fulton       9.9 36.5 51.1 82.9 23.5 3.6   207.5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

It’s actually snowing pretty good in Rochester now. Less than an inch last night. Just pathetic. I wondered why BUF was so excited about it....
Nothing to look forward to after tonight. The next 2 weeks looks pretty sorry. I expect at least one surprise. Pattern is fairly active. 

It went too far SE and ratios were worse than expected. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&product=PNS&issuedby=BUF

5.5" in Alleghany county.