• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah, I was gonna mention that as I'm about 18 miles to ur NNE and Wolfie's about 28 miles to my North perhaps a bit farther.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Enjoy this rare sighting of a lake effect snow band! :) 

I was staying up to see if I should go for a Jebwalk...but that nudge back north on the radar answered that one. haha

Good night!

27 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

We've gone over to S+ but it looks like it's not going to last much longer anyhow so we might hit 1/2" Maybe if it stays this heavy an 1" but that'll be it.  I was expecting nothing so thats a +.

Band is ending before it shifts south. What kind of f***ery is this?

1 minute ago, cny rider said:

Is there really any way that we avoid a 50F degree rain storm a week from now?

I don't see how.

Ask the euro...it is not on the same page, at all, as the GFS. In fact a 50 mile shift south would look just like a similar track to this event. And looking beyond that it has another southern storm lifting from the gulf. It tells the GFS to hold my beer.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Ask the euro...it is not on the same page, at all, as the GFS. In fact a 50 mile shift south would look just like a similar track to this event. And looking beyond that it has another southern storm lifting from the gulf. It tells the GFS to hold my beer.

This is when the superior H500 Z scores of the EC model will fail us and cave to the GFS. :axe:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I hope you're right but even on the Euro that SE ridge looks mighty stout.......going to be hard to overcome that.

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

50 miles is all that will take. It's not far off...and on the post below...an I missing something? Has anyone spoke of that much accumulation for buffalo?

Did you see this? Pretty crazy. I haven't dropped below 10 degrees at my location either. 

While many areas have reached single digit lows this winter season,
the coldest temperature at the Buffalo Airport has only been 10F,
and this cold airmass will likely end the streak of non-single digit
temperatures on the 14th, a streak ending at 342 days (tied 4th
longest).

Just read the 11:25 AFD from KBUF...unless I missed it this morning, KBUF is bumping up snow totals tonight and is mentioning 1" to 2" snowfall rates for a few hours tonight with a once in a generation jet streak into the right rear quadrant producing max lift and perfect snow growth region...while they do not believe any area will receive warning amounts with this first system I can see now why the map paints 8" to 12" for buf and roc as they are expecting a few to several inches tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Just read the 11:25 AFD from KBUF...unless I missed it this morning, KBUF is bumping up snow totals tonight and is mentioning 1" to 2" snowfall rates for a few hours tonight with a once in a generation jet streak into the right rear quadrant producing max lift and perfect snow growth region...while they do not believe any area will receive warning amounts with this first system I can see now why the map paints 8" to 12" for buf and roc as they are expecting a few to several inches tomorrow night.

lmao

It’s hard to discount BUF because they are so good but I don’t quite see it. The track is good for enhancement but that’s not what they are excited about. In fact, they mention a minima along the south shore and a maxima from BUF to just south of the thruway through Ontario and Livingston. It’ll be fun to see this play out

19 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Just read the disco and as Thinksnow said, BUF is super bullish on this little storm. Toyed with raising warning flags a couple times in disco and suggested very effective snowfall rates/ parameters. They love talking about the exit jet etc....

The left-exit never gets love...lol

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Just read the disco and as Thinksnow said, BUF is super bullish on this little storm. Toyed with raising warning flags a couple times in disco and suggested very effective snowfall rates/ parameters. They love talking about the exit jet etc....

Didn't up accums for the first time period ending 10am tomorrow:

StormTotalSnowWeb.png