Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

EPS 

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_3.png

So the winter weather advisory is still in place for N. Erie from 7pm tonight until 6pm tomorrow...but the difference is they upped the accums from 1 to 3 to 3 to 5 during the first part...if the second part is the same 6 to 10 is what is I've been thinking all along, but wouldn't meet WSW criteria because it's more that 24 hours. Oh well still so much better than the grass I've seen far too often this winter.

IDK but on the 12Z GFS CNY gets a shitload of FZRN for hrs and hrs with surface temps in the mid 20's and H850's above +2C so we can see some serious icing after an initial 1-2" of wet snow, then once the coastal takes over than it all collapses and we go over to a thumpimg Snow but IMO tomorrows event is hurting us big time, but thats just me!

I'm still loving the LE after this goes by and it doesn't move too fast either!

5 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

IDK but on the 12Z GFS CNY gets a shitload of FZRN for hrs and hrs with surface temps in the mid 20's and H850's above +2C so we can see some serious icing after an initial 1-2" of wet snow, then once the coastal takes over than it all collapses and we go over to a thumpimg Snow but IMO tomorrows event is hurting us big time, but thats just me!

I'm still loving the LE after this goes by and it doesn't move too fast either!

One thing the NWS has said is the GFS, for once, is the warmer model and is being discounted. Latest afd states what we've been saying now for about 24 hours is that the precip buff north and east will have almost no changeover. That may include the Syracuse area north

• Like 1

If the H850LP gets anywhere near Central PA North, CNY is toast as far as a mix or changeover is concerned but the one thing we have going is the warmer temps get somewhat shunted Eastward but if its stronger, look out.  I dont trust any system this yr TBH because the warmth wins over, most of the time at least here in CNY but I hope I'm wrong. If when you wake up and its already a mix we're toast, lol!