Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

When you trade great winter storms for forecast verification, what the point? I would rather horribly bust in favor of a big winter storm, it's not like you do it for a living. 

I didn't trade $hit. I have no control over it. ...but verifying is of some consolation to me. I think it's human nature to strive for success...regardless of whether its a career or hobby.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The last event literally trended 600 miles northwest in about a 48 hour period. Granted, slower pattern....but this doesn't need 600 miles either.

Slow until it turned on the jets and went up the left exit.  Models showing 24-36 hr of continuous SN became 6 hr of +RA almost overnight. :axe:

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

All I needed to see for now. 

Yeah....I mean at some point w'ere gonna have to quit the foreplay and see a real solution by the Euro, but we haven't quite reached that point yet. But by tonight or tomorrow I think. That's when we'll be getting inside of 4 days.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah....I mean at some point w'ere gonna have to quit the foreplay and see a real solution by the Euro, but we haven't quite reached that point yet. But by tonight or tomorrow I think. That's when we'll be getting inside of 4 days.

Yea...12z tmw is my deadline.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah running out of time. We need to see an actual hit at some point. Don’t want to be working inside of d4 just to manage a scrape 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Does it actually track closer, or is at just H5 improvement?

It tracked closer. 00z was pretty awful...I'm not counting that little shit front-runner low that dropped like an inch of slop on the 00z run. We don't want this if we're trying to get a real storm in here.