Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

That's epic. Love old places, narrow staircases, low ceilings and all.

I rented a place in the early 80s built in the 1700s, found civil war stuff, buttons, coins nails etc in the dirt cellar floor when we had an oil line break and had to dig it up. I donated it all to a museum.  Cool stuff

• Like 4

Nice on the Ukie. It was one of the few models in the past decade that was getting harder and harder to find maps online...while every other model was getting easier. 

Ukie did look like a powder keg at 12z on its final frame. So it would probably be in the group with hits closer to the coast. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. 

8 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Will lack of isentropic lift be a problem with this storm no matter where it tracks?  I can see a case of weenie band or nothing at all.

Way too early for that. We won’t know something that specific until much closer. 

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yo Crazy Unk fans

Wow..i thought Christmas just passed? This is great news as the UKMET, even on paid sites didn't have this much data let alone the soundings.

Pivotal is quickly becoming the premier site for free model data, and it even suprassing a lot of the paid sites. Pivotal keeps this up it might be the death of places like Weatherbell and WXmodels. Obviously not at that point but they may need to find another way for income. 

One thing i wish it had was the MSLP with the 3/6hr qpf overlay, but hey beggers can't be choosers, im thrilled with what we got now.

The best thing is we now have 6 hr intervals past 72hrs to 144 instead of UQUAMS 12hr, plus we get to see precip from 72-144. Wxbell is awful, all the data didn't even load for 12Z, there is like 3 different types of charts with 24hr intervals, what a waste...its like looking at the old free ECMWF progs

• Weenie 1

idk man...it still looks rather potent potentially. It's kinda dragging the southern stream though so there's a bit of a lag with getting a good full phase and tilting the trough back negative. We're still 3 days away from getting that first piece onshore the west coast.

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Icon crushes Dryslot and his Maine friends. Late bloomer solution...starting to creep that way. 

It's so far away in time frame.  It could be a weak wave on a FROPA or a coastal hugger up into SNE (or worse).  It's a long way out in the grand scheme of things.

Not even worth looking at for another couple days.

• Like 1