Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I like this GEFs spread on the western side there...

Man, some deep members in there, too - phew.   I'd have to say, overall this looks like more members on board compared to the 06z ...

image.thumb.png.d0fcd308364f7a741c72694f9136c2c6.png

But this all d7.5+ it's tough.   I maintain that these can only still implicate a time frame of interest - can't stress enough.   I suspect Wed would be the thread fire off time if one is need. Ha

Wow. 70, 58, 61, 59... those be white hurricanes 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Keeps getting pushed back . Initially was a weekend storm. Now it’s early week. Never liked that sign 

I agree on the 'typically'.  If one's able to look at a system that's at day 6.5 for 2 days, things are more apt to change.

Selfishly in this instance I would prefer a Sunday night event so i can enjoy it from home rather than driving back from NYC.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Rats...:I didn’t jackpot this run. 

if you look at the last four euro runs, we are consistently losing the confluence positive anamolies look in canada and sadly trending neutral to negative.. not a good sign. just one piece of the puzzle. CMC shows a slightly negative NAO while EURO is clearly slightly positive neutral just by looking at both models 500mb output heights south of Greenland.

Just now, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

if you look at the last four euro runs, we are consistently losing the confluence positive anamolies look in canada and sadly trending neutral to negative.. not a good sign. just one piece of the puzzle

I don’t really care what the ops have right now. Usually an ensemble approach is best. That energy lagging in TX and the s/w spawning a low off the Delmarva at day 5 are a little weird. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

It appears 12Z GEFS trended further east but like you said there is good spread on the western side of that low which could imply a shift back west. I feel ashamed even dissecting this storm so far out due to the looming uncertainty. Just shows how little there is to talk about weather-wise.

Nah .... it's only personally guilty if you think it's for validation - as in, it's going to happen.

There's nothing wrong with having fun - it's a social media pass-time, one that has emerged because of the Internet advent meets with models that should be available to the tax-payers that ultimately foot the bill.  It's just that people's purpose for the engagement vary, ...some unhealthy.  That's not us - or 'me' anyway.

The 12z Euro now is two runs back to back with no bueno on anything.  Hard to to tell ... it did flatten the undulate big-time western ridge signal as I suspected, but it's - I think - tizzying over what to do with the wave lengths down stream and it's messed it up.  Heh, in an intuitive sence, it may be a better sign for a system for that model to "not" carry one at D7.5. I mean, if it's finding its way with the pattern, you almost don't want it tossing up bombs because than you know you got no fun there.  I'm curious about the EPS