Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe I’m wrong.... but isn’t that similar to January 2018? 

I was wondering that myself....haven't researched it. I know one huge difference is antecedent airmass. We had cold in place for that one...here the high is in the atlantic, so its more hostile for the coast.

37 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Those OP runs have a bit of a 2/13/14 feel to them. 

Keep in mind that ensembles are significantly further east right now and of the late bloomer variety. 

That storm was a mess down here. I’m trying to find totals but I think we got like 4-6” with some sleet and then rain 

35 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Do not agree 

ok, maybe I was a little vague, they actually look good day 10-13/14ish, then you can see the trough in the east eroding as the trough from Alaska down through the west coast re-establishes itself. It has been showing this the past couple of days it seems. Who knows what is going to happen, I just don't like seeing the trough out west with a ridge near Hawaii, we just spend what seems like half the winter in the position....

The southern stream came in much weaker, which is noise at this range....the important thing to me is that the N steams looks like it could play ball.

Two different perspectives.

1) Selfishly, I'd rather take my chances with a pure n stream system if worse comes to worst.

2) Those well south and west who want to try for a monster phase, you want the N stream to be within striking distance...the s stream will come back, as I doubt that its being well sampled wherever the hell it is right now.

06 GFS back to a good snow event--probably about 12 hours slower than the 00z run.  

'll be going to a matinee show in NYC on Sunday so given my druthers, Sat/Sat night end would is what I'm hoping for. Didn't realize it was SBS when we bought the tickets.  Oh well--maybe that will make for light traffic.

• Confused 1