Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah.... storm signal is good. We’ll see where it goes. I’m just not a fan of Miller As in these parts. Usually leads to a mess or disappointment 

Take a look at our top ten events...littered with Miller B. That said, good signal for a significant event.

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

Someone give me a list of memorable miller A so I can research..

Feb 1958, Dec 1960, Dec 1969, Jan 1978, Feb 1983, March 1993, Jan 1996, Feb 2003, Dec 2009, Boxing Day 2010, Feb 2014...just a few that come to mind off top of my head that did pretty well in at least parts of SNE

But I’d still rather have a Miller B. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

you are 100% right . looking at 168 it looks like it is just about to become a cutoff but by 196 that NS dives in quickly and perfectly to phase with it. I doubt we will replicate this solution verbatim again next run

I just feel like if that trough digs any further south on the Euro it's either going to become cutoff which will suck for ya'll up there or it will still stay its course but with the low taking a more easterly track offshore, resulting in lower snow totals for many west of I-95 (as a tentative reference point).

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Feb 1958, Dec 1960, Dec 1969, Jan 1978, Feb 1983, March 1993, Jan 1996, Feb 2003, Dec 2009, Boxing Day 2010, Feb 2014...just a few that come to mind off top of my head that did pretty well in at least parts of SNE

But I’d still rather have a Miller B. 

Jan 18

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, not a fan of Miller A...someone in our area will get porked. Take it to the bank.

Miller As are the best bet for SWCT.  With Miller Bs, the low tends to redevelop tight to the NJ/DE shore, sending the first mega band through NJ into the Hudson Valley. 
Then you can get a triple point re-development further east, which bombs eastern New England...leaving us in the pork-hole. 

• Like 2