Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

But your climate isn’t frequent snows...it’s less frequent snows with the chance at a larger event here and there.  I get it, been a poor winter but it seems ratter and futility get thrown around far too often.  Winters like 2011-12 and 2015-16 had no chance in New England for sustained winter.  

What are high on the grading list over snowfall? (Purely curious, not confrontational)

That’s because climo blows in a lot of the coastal parts of SNE for snows and it’s very hard feat to root for snow all year and accept you likely won’t see much . 

I go back and forth between rating snow based on climo and just rating winter based on what I hoped for that was realistic . I would usually just rate it against the very snowy winter I want with the realization I’m fine giving most winters a D or C . Which is why I drive to several snow events a year 

i was ready to grab a hotel anywhere from Catskills to Wildcat area for this storm (back on Tuesday) and it’s a complete disgrace lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Early thoughts on Super Bowl Sunday.

Slightly better look than this weekend, but don't expect blockbuster snows.

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2020/01/rainy-saturday-night-super-bowl-sunday.html

No one should be expecting any snow. It’s a carbon copy of today’s storm. It will ride up into Quebec

• Weenie 2

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Been a crazy variable winter up this way using the MVL 30-year records...

November was fantastic at -6.1 departures and some winter events to start the season. December was +0.6 and then January has been +6.0. 

That's incredible to me... having two months close by at -6 and +6.

So.....all in all an average winter so far.

The EPS have significantly improved overnight IMHO in the 11-15. They have been showing some signs but last night’s run took it up a notch with the ridging out in the PAC domain. 

Lets see if we can build on this and track it closer unlike the last one which vaporized about 9 days out. 

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The EPS have significantly improved overnight IMHO in the 11-15. They have been showing some signs but last night’s run took it up a notch with the ridging out in the PAC domain. 

Lets see if we can build on this and track it closer unlike the last one which vaporized about 9 days out. 

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me. 

:)

40 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Day 11 to 15 verification lately is worse than a coin flip

• Weenie 1