Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I can’t even get caught up with that lol. I’m just looking ahead. l hope we don’t get faked out, but I feel somewhat optimistic. We shall see.

I am completely on the we done train. In my opinion the pattern looks like what you see when peering into a port o pot in a pre game parking lot on a hot humid summer day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Weenie 1

Man everyone is so down this season that they are being negative just so they don't ever get excited again to have their hopes drained last second.  It sounds like everyone on this forum just went through a serious breakup only not to date again because of the pain they feel.  We need to trudge onward.  At some point this chaotic pattern will deliver a storm we have never seen before.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Man everyone is so down this season that they are being negative just so they don't ever get excited again to have their hopes drained last second.  It sounds like everyone on this forum just went through a serious breakup only not to date again because of the pain they feel.  We need to trudge onward.  At some point this chaotic pattern will deliver a storm we have never seen before.

A little bit of a stretch. 

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll take one big bomb and move onto spring but I don’t grade winters based on total snowfall alone. It’s probably at the bottom or middle of the grading list for me thesedays. The core of winter has been awful, and that won’t change. 

But your climate isn’t frequent snows...it’s less frequent snows with the chance at a larger event here and there.  I get it, been a poor winter but it seems ratter and futility get thrown around far too often.  Winters like 2011-12 and 2015-16 had no chance in New England for sustained winter.  

What are high on the grading list over snowfall? (Purely curious, not confrontational)

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But your climate isn’t frequent snows...it’s less frequent snows with the chance at a larger event here and there.  I get it, been a poor winter but it seems ratter and futility get thrown around far too often.  Winters like 2011-12 and 2015-16 had no chance in New England for sustained winter.  

What are high on the grading list over snowfall? (Purely curious, not confrontational)

You mean like 2019-20?

46 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You mean like 2019-20?

Been a crazy variable winter up this way using the MVL 30-year records...

November was fantastic at -6.1 departures and some winter events to start the season. December was +0.6 and then January has been +6.0. 

That's incredible to me... having two months close by at -6 and +6.

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I go overall feel which includes pack, cold, favorable pattern sustainability (cold and dry better than warm and wet), amount of legit threats to track, and winter being winter during DJF and not rogue events in Nov and April that just ‘pad the stats’. For example, a winter that ends with 50” featuring alot of nickel and dimes with constant snowpack, definitely during Christmas, for longer periods of time and sustained cold (making it feel like a long winter) with weekly threats to track...would beat out a winter of 65” featuring 5 storms that started in mid Nov spread out to April with constant torches and cutters vaporizing packs in between with brown grass and 60s on Christmas. 

42 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Without a solid pattern in tact for the next few weeks, any shortwave can become a superstorm and every shortwave can miss harmlessly out to sea.  With the volatile pattern aloft, we will not know a storm is certain until a consensus is present 24 hours out.

Or be a Cutter...you forgot that option- not surprisingly!   Superstorm James in full force lately.  That’s what happens when you’re snow starved I guess.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Or be a Cutter...you forgot that option- not surprisingly!   Superstorm James in full force lately.  That’s what happens when you’re snow starved I guess.

Fuk it I am going to start a thread for the Super Bowl Blizzard, or not. I can Ginx a thread better than anyone.  Seriously though ears perked up tonight for the SB superstorm 

• Like 1