Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Solid overcast here and 40F...pretty much pure dogshit. Reminds me of late March or early April.

Not freezing your ass off on the slopes is what it’s good for.  I actually like this if it’s not snowing.   Perfect for taking the dog on her hour loop though the woods too.  My desire for cold without snow has decreased a lot in recent years for whatever reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not freezing your ass off on the slopes is what it’s good for.  I actually like this if it’s not snowing.   Perfect for taking the dog on her hour loop though the woods too.  My desire for cold without snow has decreased a lot in recent years for whatever reason.

:oldman:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Aside from heating costs I like cold and dry if it’s not going to snow, but I know I’m in the minority.   

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Welcome to the club.  If it ain't gonna snow, let it torch.

24 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Oh Brian you’ll learn... Although I’m probably 20 years older than powder freak

Ha, Brian’s older than me I think?  Maybe by a couple years?  I know I’m a few behind Will and Scooter.  

I mean I’m talking cold though.  Like dry highs in the single digits and lows below zero which is what mid winter can be like for weeks on end.  

I just think running errands, skiing, being outside, it’s so much nicer at 35F.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, Brian’s older than me I think?  Maybe by a couple years?  I know I’m a few behind Will and Scooter.  

I mean I’m talking cold though.  Like dry highs in the single digits and lows below zero which is what mid winter can be like for weeks on end.  

I just think running errands, skiing, being outside, it’s so much nicer at 35F.  

42 this year. And yeah, I’m too old for cold now too. It better be record breaking if it’s going to get below zero. 

8 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I’m a new member to your club too now. I enjoy 50F and sun in boring winter stretches much more than I used to even just a couple years ago. 

We are evolving as weenies.  

Its like a bunch of us started in our teens as gung-ho winter over everything... and now 10-15 years later it’s like hey, maybe it doesn’t have to be 13F all the time ha.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We are evolving as weenies.  

Its like a bunch of us started in our teens as gung-ho winter over everything... and now 10-15 years later it’s like hey, maybe it doesn’t have to be 13F all the time ha.

In 20 years I'll be getting a name change request from ineedsnow to ineedvitaminD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I hate 40F+ in winter....unfrozen ground and mud sucks. I agree I hate brutal cold with no snow...but for me, like 30F is ideal. Keep ground frozen and ponds frozen. If the ground was able to dry out, then it's fine, but it just doesn't do that in winter very often...too much old snow and ice crap runoff.

Anyways.....EPS have the 2/9 system. We'll see how long it takes for that to disappear. :lol:

• Like 1

EPS keeping the general pattern the same going forward with the gradient look....massive EPO ridging but also a monster +AO and SE ridge. Very active look....there will be a lot of chances and plenty of cold up in the source region. It's going to be about getting lucky on the timing of confluence, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

today is fine, what's wrong this time???  Yeah it's a shame about the rain coming to ruin the nice sunny mild wx, but it's winter, it rains a lot.

Agree today is okay, don't want the rain this week. Last Winter was this way with tons of snow in ski country. Frozen groomer around here was nice.