Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

8 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

And it's unfortunately hereditary. My grandmother had it, my mom had it and my sister has it. By some unfortunate luck of the draw, I have it.

My immediate response would be a Meat Diet but that is your choice to make.  And any knowledge beyond that would not be deemed appropriate for the weather forum.  And BTW I am  designated a mostly diet controlled severe diabetic on a low dose of insulin having lost a toe and Diabetic Retinopathy which is the disease  itself that causes blindness.  It is not fun facing my potential senior years which is still far away with the possibility of going blind.  My mother has also Diabetes on top of her MS which is my inheritance as far as the gene is concern.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody is crucifying you!  You want ice..that’s cool.  Ice requires the perfect set up..and siggy ice is even harder to come by..so it’ll most likely not happen as depicted. Obviously you know this.   But you can Wish all You want.

If it’s showing a siggy ice signal come Wednesday...you may be on to something. 

My question is....why do the models always show an ice look this far out? It rarely happens that we get big ice, so I don't know why they show it. Something isn't adding up. 

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

My question is....why do the models always show an ice look this far out? It rarely happens that we get big ice, so I don't know why they show it. Something isn't adding up. 

I think it’s just them trying to resolve the whole set up, and at some point it shows this outcome.  

But Models suck this year period...So it seems par for the course.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think it’s just them trying to resolve the whole set up, and at some point it shows this outcome.  

But Models suck this year period...So it seems par for the course.  

An ice look is just that. Shows potential for freezing rain and/or sleet.  Nobody is talking amounts, nor should they. Just because it’s an ice look does not mean it has to be catastrophic. It could be a glaze too, although verbatim someone would get a good amount I think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

What a difference between the Nam and the IKON again at 0z.  Wth is going on?

Two crappy models trying to figure out the timing and magnitude of the ejecting energy. The good models are having a hard enough time with it...

• Haha 2