Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

24 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’ll be up north that week also and at this point glades seems like wishful thinking. 

Yah it seems like a long shot. Probably have to put down at least a foot and a half and have it stay to get it done. Looks unlikely in the next 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Based on the kinky isobars, looks like nw of BDR-BOS line?

Yeah and it’s the Shape/trajectory of them...they protrude to the northeast in the waters east of MA and into gulf of Maine. That’s a classic advection southwestward of lower dews/temps...versus, say, the isobars going more ENE over the islands and pointing that direction. Both would be CAD setups but the latter is a bit more of an in-situ while the former is a lot more active. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah and it’s the Shape/trajectory of them...they protrude to the northeast in the waters east of MA and into gulf of Maine. That’s a classic advection southwestward of lower dews/temps...versus, say, the isobars going more ENE over the islands and pointing that direction. Both would be CAD setups but the latter is a bit more of an in-situ while the former is a lot more active. 

That’s cool. It’s a little bowed on the map heading south of NS. 

If only we could lock...

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad to see you on ice train. Certainly beats rain since we can’t snow in this 

It could still snow in this. Or end up more torchy and rain. Trends today have been colder though so that’s a good sign. Still a long ways to go. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It could still snow in this. Or end up more torchy and rain. Trends today have been colder though so that’s a good sign. Still a long ways to go. 

Ya just give me at Least another full day of good model runs with wintery precipitation. 

Still more enjoyment than a modeled Rainer from a week out 

yes it’s come to this 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya just give me at Least another full day of good model runs with wintery precipitation. 

Still more enjoyment than a modeled Rainer from a week out 

yes it’s come to this 

That’s amazing, haha.  We all know what you mean too.  

Enjoying modeled storms sometimes seems better than enjoying the systems themselves for some folks.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad to see you on ice train. Certainly beats rain since we can’t snow in this 

A gfs or cmc run or two won’t sway me from thinking this is still a weak event for the southern counties. More liquid then frozen. Better idea if this is a trend or an over correction come tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That GFS run should make more folks feel better.   

By tomorrow it’ll be NYC to BOS and participation trophies for all.

D95ACEB6-177E-45F8-8923-E30A7ADFB59E.thumb.png.68c48516908c07d405c7965d3352487d.png

To be totally honest.. I’m actually hoping for all or predominately ice here. At this point with winter nearing it’s final stages.. snow doesn’t mean as much to me as it does earlier in season. So I’ll hope for ice. But if it trends to snow.. that’ll be ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 4

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

To be totally honest.. I’m actually hoping for all or predominately ice here. At this point with winter nearing it’s final stages.. snow doesn’t mean as much to me as it does earlier in season. So I’ll hope for ice. But if it trends to snow.. that’ll be ok

WTF?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

WTF?

Not surprising. Kevin has always yearned getting that massive ice storm ever since he got so close in 2008 but missed by 1-2F. That was a crusher for him and he’s been obsessed with getting one ever since.